hi!
ok... so i have a philosophy paper due next next week... and the topic is quite hard i think....

i have figured some quirks out... though i am still looking for other possibly better solutions or suggestions...

here is the essay topic:

too long... dont think i want it to show up first thing on google either...

kids at uni might copy my paper... :/

any suggestion or help will be appreciated! thanks!

p.s. i will be posting my essay here sometime today when i am finished with it too Smile
Well I don't know how much this suggestion might help, but if it is all about one point of view over another, you need to point out which is the better, and why, along with how it is better(probably stating the already obvious), but in an example.... Let me think of one, I will edit later, but just think of the situation you are going to use in multiple ways, that way you see how anyone could argue you are wrong in any way.(probably stating the obvious again >.<)
Related?

Quote:
Is it true that any response to a given philosophical problem or question is going to be just as good as any other?
It's a varying answer. It'll be just as good as every response you come up with, but when faced with others' responses you'll likely find them inferior just as they'll find yours. Unless the two of you share a similar response or if you manage to get the full understanding behind their response you'll come to the conclusion their response is equal to or superior than yours.

Quote:
How, if at all, can one justify taking one position over any other in response to a philosophical question?
I can justify my answer over yours by the fact that I believe in my answer. I've spent days, months and years writing it out, thinking and ultimately believing. That when I read your position, I laugh and snortle because I didn't think the same as you during the period in which I "studied" my position and I'll heavily debate you over our two positions trying to prove to you my position is sturdier than yours.
Those are some good answers... though i think it isn't talking about your own response vs. another...

i think what it means is:
Is it possible for you to tell if a philosophical response is better than another?

EDIT: on second thought... i dont think i want to post my paper on the internet Razz

i will pm it to you if you are curious or something
Well, tips for writing the paper would of course be to choose a stance, yes or no, then write down a bunch of reasons to support your stance, then try to eliminate duplicates, then turn each reason into a paragraph or so with supporting arguments, evidence, or anecdotes.
What's the topic? None appears in your original post. (Did you edit it out?)

Quote:
here is the essay topic: (blank)
Zera wrote:

Quote:
It seems to me from reading the topic that he edited it out so that Googling the topic won't lead his classmate sto this thread.
KermMartian wrote:
Zera wrote:

Quote:
It seems to me from reading the topic that he edited it out so that Googling the topic won't lead his classmate sto this thread.

yeah...
turned out that this thread shows up on the top of google if you try googling the essay topic...

pm me if you want to see what the topic is, and i will pm it to you Smile
Haha, it shows up first anyway? At any rate, we've only offered you general essay-writing tips, though, so I don't see how it harms anyone for your classmates to get some essay-writing tips as well. Btw, from the title, are you saying it has to be 100 words? Some of the posts in this topic alone are at least 100 words each.
KermMartian wrote:
Haha, it shows up first anyway? At any rate, we've only offered you general essay-writing tips, though, so I don't see how it harms anyone for your classmates to get some essay-writing tips as well. Btw, from the title, are you saying it has to be 100 words? Some of the posts in this topic alone are at least 100 words each.

philosophy 100w is the course name...

i have just sent you the essay topic and what i have so far...
please review it if you have time Wink

thanks!
Yup, I saw it, but it's a pretty large message, so I'll need to ponder it more. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, I saw it, but it's a pretty large message, so I'll need to ponder it more. Smile

take as much time as you want Smile
its not due till the 27th anyways

thanks a lot!
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

take as much time as you want Smile
its not due till the 27th anyways

thanks a lot!
Awesome, I'll try to go over it far before then. Smile
I would try using proper grammar.
allynfolksjr wrote:

nope... before you try doing something so advanced... i suggest that you try to use your brain for the very first time first... Smile
allynfolksjr wrote:
I wood tri usng propr grammer alinfolksgr.
allynfolksjr wrote:

hey, you spelt grammar correctly this time!

EDIT: oh, and i pm'd a response, wv
shmibs wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

thanks for your corrections!!! Smile
shmibs wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

You spelled spelled incorrectly. Wink WhiteValkery, hopefully you've gotten some feedback here so you at least have some leads towards your own brainstorming and outlining and free-writing in the meantime?
KermMartian wrote:
shmibs wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

You spelled spelled incorrectly. Wink WhiteValkery, hopefully you've gotten some feedback here so you at least have some leads towards your own brainstorming and outlining and free-writing in the meantime?

yeap!
i think i have some stuff...
though i am not sure how i could improve this by much... :/

i hope what i have at the moment is good enough

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours