Sad but...but...but... ITS NOT FAIR TIBASIC gets to do it WHY CANT I?!?!?! Crying
rcplanegy wrote:
Sad but...but...but... ITS NOT FAIR TIBASIC gets to do it WHY CANT I?!?!?! Crying
Many of the Doors CS libraries work in BASIC. For example, check out this hotness:

Click through for how easy the BASIC code is:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:GUIMenu
wow that is nice ill try it out. hey this si unrelated but i wanted to make a mannageing program that took all my programs, put them in a menu/list, and unarchived a program, ran it, then archives the program when its done. but it just wont. i guess thats the best way to explain it. the code ive tried to unarchive and run, say, prgm A is-

:Unarchive prgmA
:prgmA
but it wont work!
is this even possible, or 'do i need an app for that'?
rcplanegy wrote:
wow that is nice ill try it out. hey this si unrelated but i wanted to make a mannageing program that took all my programs, put them in a menu/list, and unarchived a program, ran it, then archives the program when its done. but it just wont. i guess thats the best way to explain it. the code ive tried to unarchive and run, say, prgm A is-

:Unarchive prgmA
:prgmA
but it wont work!
is this even possible, or 'do i need an app for that'?

DCS can do it for you, hold on and I can post a link to the specific code.

Using the third party xLIB it has support for, this can do it for you.
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:ExecArcPrgm

KermMartian wrote:
rcplanegy wrote:
no i got it to work and oh... i didnt know you could edit sorry bout that
Sure thing, don't worry about it; now you know. I'll be angrier if you continue to double-post though, as Qazz42 did before he learned some netiquette. Smile So now that your original request is coded and working, how can I/we help you expand this fairly simplistic routine to do more?

Yeah, especially don't pull off a triple-post stunt, even on accident... >.<
Yup, you can do it that way. Smile If you want to always unarchive the same programs each time, you can use one of the BASIC Headers for programs running under Doors CS, which also led you add a description and icon.
huh... wow so this doors CS its a big menu right? im looking at the code on wikipedia and it makes no sense... how do i get this in my programs?
rcplanegy wrote:
huh... wow so this doors CS its a big menu right? im looking at the code on wikipedia and it makes no sense... how do i get this in my programs?
Doors CS is a shell and GUI for your graphing calculator, as per http://dcs.cemetech.net . The code on the wiki (that's the Doors CS wiki, not wikipedia) should be fairly self explanatory.

sum(13,X,Y,TITLE,ICON,ITEMLIST,LABELLIST

For example:

Code:
:sum(13,8,8,"TEST","F8888888F8","Item 1┼ITEM TWO┼tan(*tan(4┼log(²X+][┼²‾.
 ./┼Six itemth one┼HOW ABOUT NOW?prgm┼ln(End┼Scrolling!┼More and more┼EVEN
 MORE AsmPrgm┼","AAABACAD E EABACAD EAB
KermMartian wrote:
rcplanegy wrote:
Doors CS is a shell and GUI for your graphing calculator, as per http://dcs.cemetech.net . The code on the wiki (that's the Doors CS wiki, not wikipedia) should be fairly self explanatory.

sum(13,X,Y,TITLE,ICON,ITEMLIST,LABELLIST

For example:

Code:
:sum(13,8,8,"TEST","F8888888F8","Item 1┼ITEM TWO┼tan(*tan(4┼log(²X+][┼²‾.
 ./┼Six itemth one┼HOW ABOUT NOW?prgm┼ln(End┼Scrolling!┼More and more┼EVEN
 MORE AsmPrgm┼","AAABACAD E EABACAD EAB

alright ill try it but hat are those big t-looking things inbetween menu options? i guess that shouldve been my real question...
If you read the GUIMenu page I had linked, you would haev seen that it says: "Each menu item should conclude with the Stats Plots "+" symbol (in [2nd][Y=][>][>][2])"
ok i did it but at the end of the 'LABELISTS' i got an argument error message... i have no clue, whats going on here?
rcplanegy wrote:
ok i did it but at the end of the 'LABELISTS' i got an argument error message... i have no clue, whats going on here?
Did you copy the code from the DCS wiki, or write your own? Also, this is a silly question, but Doors CS 7 is installed on your calculator and the Homerun hook is enabled, correct?
... well i tried too but doors wouldnt load said it was incompatible... OH ok i know what i did wrong ok nvr mnd sorry
rcplanegy wrote:
... well i tried too but doors wouldnt load said it was incompatible... OH ok i know what i did wrong ok nvr mnd sorry
You send the DoorsCS7.8xk file to your calculator? This code won't work at all if Doors CS is not on your calculator, because it's Doors CS that provides that functionality. Smile
yeah i got it... but... well idk i think ill try something of my own here first... see also [arrows, cursors, and clickers]
rcplanegy wrote:
yeah i got it... but... well idk i think ill try something of my own here first... see also [arrows, cursors, and clickers]
If you want something a little more customized, you should check out the other DCSB Libs routines, especially SimpleGUIMouse.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours