Sadface. Sad I'm sure xXEpicxXXxFailXx will have some ideas, though. On a side note, I see you're still running XP.
Well, for the first one you need to find zlib1.dll. A google search should help with that.
merthsoft wrote:
Well, for the first one you need to find zlib1.dll. A google search should help with that.
Ah, I was assuming that he had looked for it between the first and second screenshots, but noticing that the name of the foreground Firefox tab did not change between the two screenshots, perhaps not.
It looks like there's the same number of files in the folder, too. I've always had to put the zlib library in the same folder.
merthsoft wrote:
It looks like there's the same number of files in the folder, too. I've always had to put the zlib library in the same folder.
Yeah, that's what I would assume to be correct. And if the second error message immediately followed the first, it would stand to reason to me that solving the first would make the second go away.
My question is why this dll isn't already included in the download.
He probably doesn't realize it needs to be, because it probably got installed with whatever package he's using.
well now we know, and knowing is half the battle.

Anyway I got the dll and tried this out. Not bad for something thrown together from scratch. Very Doom-like. My only complaint is being unable to use the esc menu, so I couldn't explore any of the options.
DShiznit wrote:

Anyway I got the dll and tried this out. Not bad for something thrown together from scratch. Very Doom-like. My only complaint is being unable to use the esc menu, so I couldn't explore any of the options.

Options haven't been added yet, those are just for show for now. The way I have it set up, you shouldn't need the dll in your win32 folder... Thanks for this tip, I'll take a look into what I can do. Thanks for the feedback!

By the by, I set music to be an option now, with all new versions and demos you can choose to download the music (which is a performance hog, but adds to immersion) or use an alternate midi of the file.

All, how was your speed for the game? Could you please post your OS, RAM, and overall speed please?
DShiznit wrote:

Well, let's not forget that it's not really from scratch; it's on top of the AGS (?) package. Smile Still impressive though, EpicFail!
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Well, let's not forget that it's not really from scratch; it's on top of the AGS (?) package. Smile Still impressive though, EpicFail!

Adventure Game Studio is meant to make 2d games, not 3d. Thus, no features are built in for 3d, only libraries. Because of this, most of it IS from scratch, but I must give credit to Chris Jones for building a great IDE.
Ah, my mistake then, more kudos to you! Smile What's next on your to-do list?
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, my mistake then, more kudos to you! Smile What's next on your to-do list?

More rooms, and linking the door to a plane, better graphics, and installer package to place dll's in win32 folder.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours