I've been trying to write a quick php script. It's just to see if something works, so the code won't quite make sense, and is probably wrong.
Code:
<?php
   echo 'Welcome <?php echo $_POST["fname"]; ?>!<br />'
   echo 'You are <?php echo $_POST["age"]; ?> years old.'
?>

But a large problem I am running into is this: When I try to upload the file (titled "welcome.php") and then reference it later (www.website.com/welcome.php) it returns a 404. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
_player1537 wrote:
I've been trying to write a quick php script. It's just to see if something works, so the code won't quite make sense, and is probably wrong.
Code:
<?php
   echo 'Welcome <?php echo $_POST["fname"]; ?>!<br />'
   echo 'You are <?php echo $_POST["age"]; ?> years old.'
?>

But a large problem I am running into is this: When I try to upload the file (titled "welcome.php") and then reference it later (www.website.com/welcome.php) it returns a 404. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Does FTP confirm that the fie has indeed been transfered?

Code:
Status:   File transfer successful, transferred 118 bytes in 1 second

I want to assume that this means that. Unless I have my assumptions incorrect Razz
_player1537 wrote:

Code:
Status:   File transfer successful, transferred 118 bytes in 1 second

I want to assume that this means that. Unless I have my assumptions incorrect Razz
Your assumptions are incorrect. It's possible you don't have proper permissions on the file, on the folder, or even that you're uploading to the wrong folder. If you try to upload the same file twice in a row, are you prompted about overwriting the file?
Yes I am prompted about overwriting. I'll upload a couple screenshots when I get home if it helps.
_player1537 wrote:
Yes I am prompted about overwriting. I'll upload a couple screenshots when I get home if it helps.
Then that narrows it down to permissions or the wrong folder, in my opinion.
Are you uploading it to a folder named httpdocs, public_html or something similar?

I'd also change the code to

Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

as a test.
benryves wrote:
Are you uploading it to a folder named httpdocs, public_html or something similar?

I'd also change the code to

Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

as a test.
Yeah, I also was thinking that he was probably uploading to the wrong folder, hence my line of questioning. Smile
Ok... turns out, I wasn't even logged in (or connected?) as the right username >.> Don't worry, all fixed now Very Happy I just need to write some functional php code now Smile
_player1537 wrote:
Ok... turns out, I wasn't even logged in (or connected?) as the right username >.> Don't worry, all fixed now Very Happy I just need to write some functional php code now Smile
Shock You should tell (Swivel?) to disable the anonymous FTP account or set its quota to zero, then! Sad Great to hear that everything is all figured out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours