http://www.atr.org/six-months-untilbr-largest-tax-hikes-a5171#

So, who all will be affected by obama care in 2011?
Well, that website is clearly super-right-wing-biased, but those are some interesting points. I guess that means three more cents of every dollar I own go to the government. Razz
I'm waiting for it! I'm so excited to help my fellow americans.
allynfolksjr wrote:

I'm upset that the government is taking away more of the money I could have used to help my fellow Americans, and deciding how to spend it for me.
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

I'm upset that the government is taking away more of the money I could have used to help my fellow Americans, and deciding how to spend it for me.
I think my biggest problem is that my hard-earned money is going to people who are among the poorest in America but routinely have the largest families, the worst financial acumen, etc. I'd love to see some statistics on family size of people on welfare vs. people not on welfare.
KermMartian wrote:
I think my biggest problem is that my hard-earned money is going to people who are among the poorest in America but routinely have the largest families, the worst financial acumen, etc. I'd love to see some statistics on family size of people on welfare vs. people not on welfare.

In some ways, that may be a subset of my complaint. I happen to believe that organizations like Neighbor Keepers, which provide impoverished families with support to learn financial management skills and other invaluable resources to help them break out of the cycle of poverty, are an infinitely better use of my donations to charity than just throwing money at a self-perpetuating problem. Since most people have a relatively fixed budget for charitable giving, increased "charity taxes" take away from the amount they have available to give to a charity that they think will most effectively use their contribution.
This is just conjecture and speculation. There isn't a shred of conclusive research behind any of the suppositions made by this site. It doesn't help that the source is clearly biased, for that matter. Of course, none of that matters. It's just propaganda being spoon-fed to fiscally-conservative bobble-heads.
Zera wrote:
There isn't a shred of conclusive research behind any of the suppositions made by this site. It doesn't help that the source is clearly biased, for that matter. Of course, none of that matters. It's just propaganda being spoon-fed to fiscally-conservative bobble-heads.

Did you even bother reading the site? The more of your dip-wad remarks I read, the less I'm inclined to read the next one. The first link I saw upon visiting their website was a link to this document at the website for the US Congress Joint Committee on Taxation.

No one is going to try and deny the obvious bias of www.atr.org, but they certainly take measures to source their claims. You, on the other hand, just look like a retard every time you open your mouth.

Tifreak: You forgot to mention that we're almost down to 3 months at this point.
And who's been using the filibuster in record numbers to render the government useless to the point where this could happen?
DShiznit wrote:
And who's been using the filibuster in record numbers to render the government useless to the point where this could happen?

Insert once in a lifetime happening where I agree and side with DShiznit on something.

Now back to your regularly scheduled CDI.

edit: you saw nothing.
DShiznit wrote:
Errr, who's the answer to that? I'm afraid I'm not up enough on current politics to know.
KermMartian wrote:
Errr, who's the answer to that? I'm afraid I'm not up enough on current politics to know.

...wow

You don't even know who has the majority in the house and senate? FYI, you don't need to filibuster when you have a majority.
elfprince13 wrote:
Zera wrote:
There isn't a shred of conclusive research behind any of the suppositions made by this site. It doesn't help that the source is clearly biased, for that matter. Of course, none of that matters. It's just propaganda being spoon-fed to fiscally-conservative bobble-heads.

Did you even bother reading the site? The more of your dip-wad remarks I read, the less I'm inclined to read the next one. The first link I saw upon visiting their website was a link to this document at the website for the US Congress Joint Committee on Taxation.

No one is going to try and deny the obvious bias of www.atr.org, but they certainly take measures to source their claims. You, on the other hand, just look like a retard every time you open your mouth.

Tifreak: You forgot to mention that we're almost down to 3 months at this point.

Your site makes generalized projections about the outcome of tax reforms. The document you've linked to does not substantiate those projections in any way. You either aren't reading the material you're posting, or you just don't understand what any of it means in the first place. I'm not sure why you would expect any of us to jump the bandwagon when you can't bother to share something conclusive.

No idea what's you're trying to achieve with the personal attacks. We aren't in grade-school anymore, junior. Confused
elfy is pretty immature, you kind of get used to it after a while.
Zera wrote:

Your site makes generalized projections about the outcome of tax reforms.

It isn't my site, by any stretch. But after reading through 4 pages of news on their website, I don't see any commentary or projections whatsoever about the outcome of tax reforms. I just see a list of sources documenting the changes being made to tax reform. The site certainly takes a negative view towards tax increase, but nowhere do I see commentary or projection on what the outcomes of such an increase would be.

Zera wrote:
No idea what's you're trying to achieve with the personal attacks. We aren't in grade-school anymore, junior. Confused

I'm pointing out that your posts are wasting my time, in the hope that you will stop saying stupid things. In the two political topics I've seen you post in, you just make things up to support the straw men you are ranting against. When you learn to respond to the points at hand I'll stop making snide remarks about the quality of your posts. When you asked for evidence of the existence of genuine constitutionalism among self-identified conservatives, you ignored my self-proclamation, and started on a rant about scape-goating and how all conservatives are demagogues. I don't think I need to highlight your similar behavior in this thread, since we can all scroll up to read it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours