Stupid Novice Of The Year Nominees - which deserves this antihonor the most?
Sean Charboneau
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Lamermayer
 10%  [ 1 ]
Johan Rydh
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cody Moats
 10%  [ 1 ]
Sam Hund
 0%  [ 0 ]
Peter Cheng
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Marley
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sweet Awsome
 40%  [ 4 ]
Max B.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Frisby
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Surprised Thanks, that was actually unintentional! Very Happy
Laughing I get it
I have another nomination: Sean Charboneau. It seems he has found out how to make the built in functions on a calculator work in programs. For example look at number rounder and radians to degrees. Sheesh Laughing
Quote:
This is definitely the best BASIC snake game that was ever made. To start off, there is a completely custom-made menu (not like the boring one that is built in). Also, my favorite part is the ANIMATED INTRO!!! That's right, there is a BASIC animated intro that runs incredibly fast. Combine this with a high score table that not only stores your score, but also your name, and you have one heck of a game! I left it unlocked so you can learn from or edit this game any way you want. (Just give me credit pleeeez!)E-mail me with any questions (Sean 77771@adelphia.net) Sean Charboneau (Updated, a few annoying bugs have been fixed)

OMG it stores your name!? Wow, strings!! Amazing!!
Wow! I'm shocked!! Surprised

Nominee list thus far:
Sean Charboneau
Robert Lamermayer
Johan Rydh
Tim Bruhnke
Cody Moats
Geroge Washington
Sam Hund
Peter Cheng
Michael Marley
Sweet Awsome
What's so shocking about that Question There have been a ton of obnoxious n00bs lately Laughing Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
maybe it is a good thing that my n100b programming came when I did BASIC on a 286. I never released those programs
rivereye wrote:
maybe it is a good thing that my n100b programming came when I did BASIC on a 286. I never released those programs

286 Confused
it is an old computer. I belive that chip replaced the 8080 (identical to the z80) in computers a while back, then the 486, then we went Pentium

This was running DOS
286<386<486<Pentium<Pentium II<Pentium III<Celeron<P4
There is also the centrino
Centrino is justa P4 M with a modified chipset.
also, if memory serves, the Celeron was a PII with more cache
Oh, I thought it was PIII w/ more cache.
I have a Celeron and I can vouch that it's pretty slow (and the 64MB RAM doesn't help). It's about 5-6 years old, and if I remember, that's older than the PII.
Also:
Intel<<AMD
Fair enough. They have some much newer Celerons though, so perhaps it's both.
Quote:
have a Celeron and I can vouch that it's pretty slow (and the 64MB RAM doesn't help). It's about 5-6 years old, and if I remember, that's older than the PII.
Also:
Intel<<AMD

can't be, I have a PII machine, and we had this before we moved to Michigan, and whe have lived here about 4.5 years. The PIII was coming out about that time
Read my comment posted at the same time as yours Smile
maybe we should do some research on this
From wikipedia:
Quote:
A Celeron is any of a large number of different budget x86 microprocessors produced by Intel and marketed as a budget/value CPU line. The Celeron family complements Intel's higher-performance (and more expensive) Pentium CPUs family. Introduced in August 1998, the first Celeron was based on the Pentium II core. Later versions were based on the Pentium III, Pentium 4, and Pentium-M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 25
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours