What do you have in mind?
adamac15 wrote:
What do you have in mind?
I dunno, battles on the graphscreen? Some way of making the choices that uses a game mechanic less straightforward than Menu()s, while still achieving the same effect? I'll have to think about it more; do you have anything in mind?
well, when you go into battle, i would like the pic of the enemy with the commands.
adamac15 wrote:
well, when you go into battle, i would like the pic of the enemy with the commands.
I think that would look great. If you want to do a lot of sprite stuff, I'd definitely recommend that you look into the Doors CS hybrid BASIC libraries/.
hybrid BASIC libraries?
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSB_Libs

The first link is stuff like Celtic3 and XLib, the second is DCS's own basic libraries
and all this means?
It means you could use xLib code (tilemaps, sprites, picture variables, and more) in your TI Basic code because everyone (should Wink) have DCS which has these libraries built in Smile
I was talking about whats in the links. How would i use those?
The links had a list of all the commands you can use with DCS. You can go through them trying to find a command that could help you with what you are trying to do, and it will give you a pretty good explanation of the code.

(Feature request for dcs.cemetech.net: Have a categorical list of all the hybrid basic commands [unless I overlooked this] [Also, I'd be happy to help if you need it])
_player1537 wrote:
The links had a list of all the commands you can use with DCS. You can go through them trying to find a command that could help you with what you are trying to do, and it will give you a pretty good explanation of the code.
Exactly this. You just use the commands in your BASIC program, and Doors CS will handle all the nitty-gritty details.

Quote:
(Feature request for dcs.cemetech.net: Have a categorical list of all the hybrid basic commands [unless I overlooked this] [Also, I'd be happy to help if you need it])
A great idea, and I would appreciate help. Smile
I have a question. i am trying to get it to where itll add 500 to your overall health. i have it set to 1000 health for the first battle. and like say you have 1XX health left after the first battle. add 500 to that. but i have the next battle set to 1000 too. what do i do?
Delete the next 1000->{var}, or, if the battles are in a loop, take the 1000->{var} out of the loop.
Depends. What do you want it as? If you want it as the 6xx number, then just find a way to omit the second battle. If you want it as 1000, then you're set Smile
@ souvik1997: i dont think they're in a loop.
@ _player1537: omit the second battle? i cant do that.
Then delete the second place where you set the battle's health to 1000. Wink
Yeah, I think I was too busy wanting to get something to drink when I typed that. I meant what Souvik said just now.
so:

1st battle: 1000->A:1000->B
2nd battle: 1000->B
???
What are A and B used for?
Or you could be sneaky and have it setup like this (btw, I don't get what you meant just now). Where A is your health:
Code:
pi->A
While Not(LOST
If A=pi
1000->A
INITIATE BATTLE SEQUENCE!
End

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours