Kerm, wai to many things, First of all, it renders your nspire useless if you try to install it while currently using an OS less than 1.7
qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, wai to many things, First of all, it renders your nspire useless if you try to install it while currently using an OS less than 1.7
It bricks your Nspire if you don't upgrade to 1.7 first? That's some pretty horribly poor planning on TI's part; there's nothing even to warn you?
Nope, and I think you need nleash to help you unbrick it x.x
qazz42 wrote:
Nope, and I think you need nleash to help you unbrick it x.x
That's blindingly irresponsible of TI. Sad Sorry to hear it.
Luckly for me, I never upgraded Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Luckily for me, I never upgraded Very Happy
That is indeed quite lucky. Smile

Getting back on-topic, any further thoughts on 2.53MP? I think this would also be a good place to try to ask people who are using BrandonW's modded 2.53MP if they've run into the BASIC program duplication bug that comicIDIOT and I are trying to narrow down.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Luckily for me, I never upgraded Very Happy
That is indeed quite lucky. Smile

Getting back on-topic, any further thoughts on 2.53MP? I think this would also be a good place to try to ask people who are using BrandonW's modded 2.53MP if they've run into the BASIC program duplication bug that comicIDIOT and I are trying to narrow down.

i have.
I can't remember if that makes two or three people whose had that issue. And the other person I'm thinking of may be you. If it isn't then you're #3 I'm aware of.

I know for a fact psuedoprogrammer had this issue but I never learned if he was using a modded OS.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I can't remember if that makes two or three people whose had that issue. And the other person I'm thinking of may be you. If it isn't then you're #3 I'm aware of.

I know for a fact psuedoprogrammer had this issue but I never learned if he was using a modded OS.
So Souvik definitely had the issue, Pseudoprogrammer definitely had the issue, and I'm pretty sure that xxEpicFailxx had the issue too. I remember specifically reading a bug report about it...
I had it on my nspire, in TI-84+SE mode... while it had MP on it
qazz42 wrote:
I had it on my nspire, in TI-84+SE mode... while it had MP on it
You mean you ran into the error where part of a BASIC program gets duplicated inside itself? If so, that's very interesting that it happens even on an emulator.
Well, it is TI's emulator Rolling Eyes
And it's happened on non-emulators...
qazz42 wrote:
Well, it is TI's emulator Rolling Eyes
True, but this means that it isn't some weird interaction between the OS and the flash chip, which is what I had suspected. It means there's an actual bug either in 2.53MP itself or in some unexpected interaction between BrandonW's fix and 2.53MP.
This bug only hapenned to one program (my contest entry) so far, and it still happens.

The bug causes the DCS icon to get messed up by adding random lines from other programs to my contest entry's DCS header.
souvik1997 wrote:
This bug only hapenned to one program (my contest entry) so far, and it still happens.

The bug causes the DCS icon to get messed up by adding random lines from other programs to my contest entry's DCS header.
Whoa, wait, you mean you can replicate it with a single program? So if I were to put that program on my 2.53MP calculator, the same thing would happen?
I don't know if the same thing would happen, all I know is that it only happens to that program for me.

It is also the program I have run the most in my calc, so that might have something to do with it.
souvik1997 wrote:
I don't know if the same thing would happen, all I know is that it only happens to that program for me.

It is also the program I have run the most in my calc, so that might have something to do with it.
If it's the same version that I have, I'll try to replicate the same on WabbitEmu with BrandonW's patched 2.53MP. What are the steps to replicate the problem?
I can't replicate the problem unfortunately. Sad

The problem is very random.
souvik1997 wrote:
I can't replicate the problem unfortunately. Sad

The problem is very random.
Ah, that's no fair. Hopefully we can lure the other people with this problem into the thread to explain what OS they're using, how the problem happens, and possible commonalities (OS, software, patches, hardware) between all the people.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours