Cemetech, headed by Kerm Martian, and Nerdy Productions, led by Mathstuf (Kirb), have jointly announced the first CPC. An idea that has been tossed around on the Cemetech forums for close to a year, we have spoken of creating a Calculator Programmers' Convention in New York City or some other location in 2006. It eventually got pushed back to 2007, so now Mathstuf and I have decided to hold the first CPC online in a much more immediate timeframe. We will be holding a series of online classes on his and my forums addressing z80 programming, 68k programming, and web design. More information will be released as teachers are found, the curricula are drawn up, and plans are finalized.

Well, what do you think of this, everyone?
w000000000000000000000000000t Very Happy
Now you know what the secrecy was Smile
But WHY the secrecy? Evil or Very Mad
How much more immediate has it become:?: This month? Year? Next year?
I could do a class on pure Basic sprites/graphics techniques.
hope this turns out well, will be reading the matarial
Excellent. Hopefully this turns into something big.
Just to let everyone know some more details: The main 68k classes will be held at Nerdy Productions (see link below in my sig), the z80 ones here, and the Web Design/Graphics are going to be split between the two sites. There are IRC channels set up (where some actual teacher<->student conversation can be held at the discretion of the teacher). They are all on irc.worldnet.net.
#CPC
#CPC_68k
#CPC_z80 (@Kerm: You still have some things to set up here yet the last time I looked.)
#CPC_Web
Anyone who would like to be come a teacher for a class should ask for it at the respective forum. Curriculae (sp?) will be discussed on the respective forum in private forums. Signing up for a class can be done at either the IRC channels or the forums.

@Kerm: If you get an IRC script for your channels, please tell me where to get the same one to try to place some sort of conformity to it.
It doesn't cost anything to be in the classes right? If not is this the right place to sign up Question
to join, I belive you read lessons, go to chat rooms to talk, and that is about it
Sweetness. Very Happy
Even though, ultimately, how the classes are held are subject the me (68k) and Kerm (z80) and joint (Web Design), the I think that the teacher should know how to best handle the class and how to teach it. If it is going to be just a Q/A thing on the forums, that's okay, an all IRC (although some can't go there and will probably be discouraged) will also be allowed if all members of the class can get there. If the teacher wants to write up lessons, and then later write them out in as a large tutorial and have clarification on the forums/IRC, that'll also be good. Although classes are free, if you would like to make contributions, all will be welcome Smile . Kerm and I will write up class sign-up deadlines and rules for things later. (possibly on IRC)
It's finally here!!!!!
I can teach the Advanced z80 BASIC class, although I may need an minion, er...assistant.
Right before I read this, I posted on my forum about having tutors that can provide extra help along with the teacher. And also, it's just z80 BASIC now, there isn't an Intro to/Advanced class split now.
Kuro wrote:
It's finally here!!!!!
I can teach the Advanced z80 BASIC class, although I may need an minion, er...assistant.

Oh, and we'll be testing qualifications of course... Cool Just Joking @ you but not @ teh statement
Are enrollments being done via joining the appropriate usergroups cause I kinda did that Smile Question
Yes, but we're not accepting anyone until we have actual classes ready. Smile
And that will be.... Question Smile Question

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours