ah, forgot I had dropbox XD will do Kerm
qazz42 wrote:
ah, forgot I had dropbox XD will do Kerm
Is it SNES Castlevania music that you managed to convert and are so proud of, or did you find music from another game? Also, since you use the converter far more than anyone else as far as I can tell, I would welcome any comments or suggestions on it that would make your life easier.
Hmm, to tell the truth it is actually Sega Genisis Castlevania music. And as for comments, I really have nothing other than (then?) if you could add a little box where I can write my preferred tempo? This one midi player somehow can tell me the right tempo to use Smile (it is accurate 90% of the time)
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, to tell the truth it is actually Sega Genisis Castlevania music. And as for comments, I really have nothing other than (then?) if you could add a little box where I can write my preferred tempo? This one midi player somehow can tell me the right tempo to use Smile (it is accurate 90% of the time)
Sure, you mean like the tempo= field in the source code that gets generated, but somewhere earlier in the process?
yessir, oh and btw

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12007879/MT3s/clockwork.8xp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12007879/MT3s/Ironblue.8xp

The top one is a pretty good convert while the second one is the Genesis convert I was talking about Very Happy

Originals:

EDIT: Fixed url problem
I listened to the videos, but I'm afraid I get forbidden (403) errors trying to grab from your dropbox.
kk fixed the problem ,try em now Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
kk fixed the problem ,try em now Very Happy
I like them both a lot! Clockworks is very complex, and has a lot of melodies and harmonies woven together, while Iron Blue Intention is solemn and stately. They both sound great to me. Smile
Very Happy I worked all of friday oh them. Clockwork really was a tough one x.x
qazz42 wrote:
Very Happy I worked all of friday oh them. Clockwork really was a tough one x.x
I can imagine. Smile Did you have to do a lot of post-generation tweaking of notes and durations, or was most of it getting the track selection and tempo just right?
The latter, then the former
qazz42 wrote:
The latter, then the former
Gotcha. I hope not too much of the former (tweaking individual notes and durations), since that's a very painstaking process. In fact, my initial motivation in making the converter was to save myself from that very process to sequence songs from scratch.
Oh no worries, just a few notes that hung a bit I just tried to see if I could get them to not last as long:)
qazz42 wrote:
Oh no worries, just a few notes that hung a bit I just tried to see if I could get them to not last as long:)
Ah, that's fair enough. I'm glad you're to the level of proficiency that you can do that! Your next job will be to write songs from scratch without the aid of the converter. Wink
nah, I rather just convert a song and then tweak it. it seems alot simpler to me
qazz42 wrote:
nah, I rather just convert a song and then tweak it. it seems alot simpler to me
Sure, but if you manually create the song, you could either create mobileTunes songs from things without MIDI versions, or even compose your own songs! It sounds like neither of those things particularly interests you, though.
When I get more into asm it will Kerm Wink making music for a calc is much easier then for playing an instrument
qazz42 wrote:
When I get more into asm it will Kerm Wink making music for a calc is much easier then for playing an instrument
I'd say that's debatable, but I'd definitely agree that doing either one well requires talent and practice. Smile Based on your persistence with the MT3 converter, I'd say you certainly have at least the latter.
Eh, I much rather use the mt3 converter then play the piano.
qazz42 wrote:
Eh, I much rather use the mt3 converter then play the piano.
Heh, I'm glad to hear it, although speaking from the perspective of someone who has always wished that he learned to play the piano, I think you should keep up with your piano-playing so you don't regret it later in life.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours