Surprised But that's crazy expensive! Kllrnohj has the same thing for 1/6 the cost...
dude, you HAVE to get rid of this host. Not only is it crazy slow, but it isn't even working right! it keeps saying there are no new posts, even tho i can see myself that there are.

you could host this site off of dial-up and it would be faster!!!

i'm begging you! get www.surpasshosting.com or SOME host that is RECOMMENDED by people, not just the cheapest you can find! do research into it, just cause they give you 10gb/month of bandwidth, doesn't mean you can even use it all if you wanted to!
You get what you pay for, the higher the cost is, the more current the hardware will be and the faster and more reliable the connection will be, of course, there is a limit to this somewhat, but we pay the cost gladly for the level of service we're provided.
Kllrnohj wrote:
dude, you HAVE to get rid of this host. Not only is it crazy slow, but it isn't even working right! it keeps saying there are no new posts, even tho i can see myself that there are.

you could host this site off of dial-up and it would be faster!!!

i'm begging you! get www.surpasshosting.com or SOME host that is RECOMMENDED by people, not just the cheapest you can find! do research into it, just cause they give you 10gb/month of bandwidth, doesn't mean you can even use it all if you wanted to!

Actually it's 30GB bandwidth... Smile
The new posts thing is kinda weird, but that's not a server-related thing.
Also, it seems to go relatively fast for me... Confused
wtf...its not going super-slow now anymore, just plain ol' slow

you still got a crappy web host company, and i'd seriously start thinking about dumping em
Actually, I got an email that they're just changing over ISPs, so that could be it...
i hope so, this be crazy slow man
Are you kidding? It's going pretty fast now.
uh...no it isn't. when you reply to this (as i'm sure you will), look how long it takes for the previous posts to show up (i mean the ones that show up while typing the reply)
Laughing Timed it - 0.6 seconds.
takes it alot longer for me, more like 6 seconds than .6

well..i was going to test the speed by downloading a file, but the projects and programs sections are borked and don't work (and http://www.cemetech.net/archives/blockland/BL_Sahara.exe gives a 404 )
Dude, it's probably just your Internet connection.
1. Erm - that's a - not _
2. Uhoh...did I bork the article?!
it does seem better, lets hope it is full speed soon
Indeed, it seems to have gotten a bit faster even since I posted that.
Jonathan Pezzino wrote:

only this site. i browse forums otherplaces, and they load instantly

(now its going faster, but still not as fast as it should be)

i copy/pasted the link from the article Kerm, i didn't mis-type it
It seems to take a lot longer to "piece" together the main forum page because the images look funky and then all of a sudden snap into place. The average time for a page for me is ~12s (FasterFox is good for timing page loads).
Kllrnohj wrote:
Jonathan Pezzino wrote:

only this site. i browse forums otherplaces, and they load instantly

(now its going faster, but still not as fast as it should be)

i copy/pasted the link from the article Kerm, i didn't mis-type it

I meant by point 2 that it was me who mistyped it, I fixed it now Smile
gar, its crawling along again, this is annoying

oh, and whats with this:
Quote:
70.240.132.71||http://cemetech.net/forum/posting.php||/home/cemetech/public_html/forum||
at the top of every page?
I think it was the whole internet....my access went down completely at the same time.

That's for debugging the sidebar.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours