To get a general consensus, what games are we all playing on current generation consoles - Wii, X360 & PS3. And what system do you play the most on?

Let's no turn this into "this system is better than..." thread. Please.

//

I enjoy thrilling racing games such as the Hot Pursuit series from Need for Speed and the original Burn Outs (basically everything up to Paradise).

I also enjoy run-and-gun FPS games: Unreal Tournament, Borderlands and others. I can vary from open map to close map games (UT & Borderlands are good examples).

I find some interest in the tactful and often widely open games, such as Far Cry & Just Cause 2. I also buy games for the wide multiplayer audience such as Call of Duty. I bought Black Ops because it would be my most recent COD game after MW1 and all my friends were getting it and all my coworkers have it. So, I have some great private matches with them every few nights!

As far as consoles, I play entirely on a PS3 and thinking about buying a X360 after I get a new-new TV; For those that don't know the story, I had to return my new 40" TV.
Some SSBB/M, some Goldeneye, some Starcraft 2, and eagerly following the development of Overgrowth and Natural Selection 2. None of those being modern console games (with the exception of SSBB).
I usually like to play what the mainstream audience is playing MOST of the time. I only play games on the PC, as I don't have any console save the wii. Lately, I wasted many, many a-hour on Fallout New Vegas. Since Modern Warfare came out I had disliked the whole series because of the unreality and annoying fanbase (my first time playing I beat a ten year old who said "IMA HACK U N00B I GOT UR NUMBERZ I PWN YOUOUYO"). But then I played the offline single player campaign on Black Ops and regained some respect for the series, I also enjoy puzzle games greatly, and horror games even more.
Fiesta for me, my all time favorite MMORPG; I still am enjoying it after about 3 years on it, and after 4 years it is still an open beta. Surprised
I play MW2 on the PS3, and I play UT on the PC.
I have neither a console nor an interest in getting one, so I'll list my top computer games that are on my radar. I don't have a terribly large amount of free time for gaming, but I do enjoy the occasional distraction from my work.

:: "Serious" gaming: Unreal Tournament 2004. Probably my favorite game of all time, especially playing with and against Cemetechians. However, I started with UT2004 playing my classmates in our computer lab, and four years before that, I played Unreal Tournament in my high school's newspaper office.
:: "Casual" multiplayer gaming: Hedgewars. Mostly brainless fun, good for multitasking with.
:: "Casual" single-player gaming: Armagetron. Not much to say about this one; it's Tron-style racing in 3D with up to fifteen AI players. Tons of fun.
In my house we have two 360's (one for each of my older brothers), a Wii (for the family, but no one plays it, ever), and my oldest brother just recently got a PS3.

As far as the games go, for the 360, I usually play Borderlands, Black Ops (rarely online, though), or a few other games. On my original Xbox, I still play Halo 2, NFS:MW, Fable:TLC, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Doom 3 LE, which has Doom 1, Doom 2, and the Master Levels on it as well.

On my PC, I've been enjoying (*takes a deep breath*) Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect, Portal, Just Cause 2, StarCraft 1+2, C&C:TFD, Minecraft, HaloCE, Uplink, and Cave Story. There are also a few games that I have that I'm going to try out soon such as Mass Effect 2, Mirrors Edge, and Plants vs Zombies, but I'll get to them when I get to them.

BTW, Comic, I'll play you in Borderlands if you ever get it for the 360. Just no modded weapons!
I play the ps3, though most of my favorite games are from the ps2 (burnout 3, the original ratchet & clanks, simpson's hit and run, twisted metal: head on) I have a few favorites on the ps3 such as ridge racer 7, ratchet & clank: tools of destruction, and full auto 2.
I also just started playing gran turismo 5, and it's awesome Very Happy
Chiefly DOOM (on the PC, naturally). I also play through a bit of Prey, though (also on the PC).

I do have a PlayStation 2, but that's pretty much only used for Guitar Hero these days. The PlayStation port of DOOM is surprisingly playable (presumably as you don't have to aim up or down) and that can be quite fun, too.
Mufin and Benryves, since you're both PC gamers, and I see at least one FPS on each of your lists, you should consider playing UT2004 with us. Smile
I don't enjoy playing video games online. If you're going to play multiplayer it's better to get a bunch of mates together and play in the same room.
I have owned an ATARI, SNES, NES, GB, GBC, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, N64, PS, PS1, PS2, XBOX, GBA, GBAsp, GBAsp light, and Gamecube gamecube.Now, after moving between states, theft, loss, damage, etc I only have an XBOX, Wii (red), Wii (white), and an N64 left.I like fantasy style rpg games like Zelda and Fable the most
KermMartian wrote:
I have neither a console nor an interest in getting one, so I'll list my top computer games that are on my radar. I don't have a terribly large amount of free time for gaming, but I do enjoy the occasional distraction from my work.

:: "Serious" gaming: Unreal Tournament 2004. Probably my favorite game of all time, especially playing with and against Cemetechians. However, I started with UT2004 playing my classmates in our computer lab, and four years before that, I played Unreal Tournament in my high school's newspaper office.
:: "Casual" multiplayer gaming: Hedgewars. Mostly brainless fun, good for multitasking with.
:: "Casual" single-player gaming: Armagetron. Not much to say about this one; it's Tron-style racing in 3D with up to fifteen AI players. Tons of fun.

Oooh, I forgot Armagetron on my list, which is also good for multiplayer.
The Impossible Game by Brian Coventry on an 84+ SE. I don't even have computer games! Surprised
KermMartian wrote:
Mufin and Benryves, since you're both PC gamers, and I see at least one FPS on each of your lists, you should consider playing UT2004 with us. :)
Still working on getting it. My dad's been pestering me about what I want for Christmas (I say pestering, because I really don't have anything at the moment that I want, and he wants to be sure that I get something. All he has down for me atm is warm gloves) so I may ask him to get me UT2004.

One question though, do you know if UT will work with a 360 controller? It doesn't have to, but I'd much rather use a controller than keyboard and mouse.
Can't say about that controller. I've gotten it to work on my PS3 controller wirelessly but the joystick sensitivity was poor, all around my system and games.
http://people.ign.com/ultimatedevr
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Mufin and Benryves, since you're both PC gamers, and I see at least one FPS on each of your lists, you should consider playing UT2004 with us. Smile
Still working on getting it. My dad's been pestering me about what I want for Christmas (I say pestering, because I really don't have anything at the moment that I want, and he wants to be sure that I get something. All he has down for me atm is warm gloves) so I may ask him to get me UT2004.

One question though, do you know if UT will work with a 360 controller? It doesn't have to, but I'd much rather use a controller than keyboard and mouse.
You should ask Qazz42 about that or pester him about it in this thread; I think he has given it a try.
I've been playing mainly shooters lately; picked up Metro 2033 on Steam this week and have been playing that, also (finally) progressing further in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Put Recettear aside for a bit and still intend to go back to that, for something else to discuss.
The Tari wrote:
I've been playing mainly shooters lately; picked up Metro 2033 on Steam this week and have been playing that, also (finally) progressing further in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Put Recettear aside for a bit and still intend to go back to that, for something else to discuss.
Have you more or less moved on from UT2004? I think I've only played withyou once in the last year or so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours