Does anyone know how to display something thats only there sometimes on a calculator? I cant figure it out! (I use BASIC) Also, how do you unarchive a subprogram within a program using BASIC?
bspymaster wrote:
Does anyone know how to display something thats only there sometimes on a calculator?

What do you mean?
bspymaster wrote:
Does anyone know how to display something thats only there sometimes on a calculator? I cant figure it out! (I use BASIC)

What do you mean?

And for (un)archiving prgms, you can't do it in pure BASIC. Most libs (including DCS) support it in a way by copying the program to a place in RAM so you can run it.

You could also use a short ASM subprogram to do it for you.
xLib has a function to copy a program in the archive to a temporary program to run in the ram. The first part, no Earthly idea what you meant, sorry.
Same with everyone here, what the heck did you mean? you can not make a very vague statement and expect us to know an answer
bspymaster wrote:
Does anyone know how to display something thats only there sometimes on a calculator? I cant figure it out! (I use BASIC) Also, how do you unarchive a subprogram within a program using BASIC?
Use real(10...) to copy a subprogram to RAM from Archive. As with the rest of the gang, though, I'm quite confused by your first question. Are you asking how to do conditional statement (that is, If (something is true) then (display something) otherwise (display something else)) ?
KermMartian wrote:
bspymaster wrote:
Use real(10...) to copy a subprogram to RAM from Archive. As with the rest of the gang, though, I'm quite confused by your first question. Are you asking how to do conditional statement (that is, If (something is true) then (display something) otherwise (display something else)) ?

I think he means like a "trigger" if it is set, something is displayed, if not it isn't, think of the magic menu you are helping me with Kerm.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
bspymaster wrote:

I think he means like a "trigger" if it is set, something is displayed, if not it isn't, think of the magic menu you are helping me with Kerm.
That sounds like a conditional statement to me. Smile We'll have to wait to see what he has to say:

@Qazz42: No need to sound so annoyed. Smile Since he's a newbie, we'll have to train him to ask better questions.
He might mean dealing with, for example, lists or strings that aren't always there. Like how to read a string that might not be there, but not to error if the string isn't there.
calcdude84se wrote:
He might mean dealing with, for example, lists or strings that aren't always there. Like, for example, how to read a string that might not be there, but not to error if the string isn't there.
That would make a lot of sense too, and we could certainly teach him how to do that. So you think he means "Does anyone know how to display (a string, etc) thats only there sometimes on a calculator?" I could certainly believe that.
That is indeed what I think. Now just to have him verify Smile
Deep Thought wrote:
bspymaster wrote:
Does anyone know how to display something thats only there sometimes on a calculator? I cant figure it out! (I use BASIC)

What do you mean?

And for (un)archiving prgms, you can't do it in pure BASIC. Most libs (including DCS) support it in a way by copying the program to a place in RAM so you can run it.

You could also use a short ASM subprogram to do it for you.

I don't know ASM and like if you want to put in a character. It wasn't there to begin with, but a person playing can add one.

calcdude84se wrote:
He might mean dealing with, for example, lists or strings that aren't always there. Like how to read a string that might not be there, but not to error if the string isn't there.

Yes, pretty much.

KermMartian wrote:
bspymaster wrote:

Wait... I'm confused what do you put in the brackets after the command real( ? and yes to your second question. Like starting off with just a gameboard, and if you pay money, you get a character, which appears on your screen. I'm not quite sure how to explain.
Please refrain from doubleposting unless your last post was 24 hours old. Use the Edit button to add stuff to your post.
Triple posting.
souvik1997 wrote:
Please refrain from doubleposting unless your last post was 24 hours old. Use the Edit button to add stuff to your post.

Sorry.
It's ok for now, just don't do it again. Smile
bspymaster, to answer your questions with further questions:

(1) How do you put which brackets after real(...)? If you're asking for the real(10) syntax, please read this: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries
(2) You'll need a variable (or list) to represent what character the character has picked, or none. It sounds like me like you need to start smaller in terms of learning TI-BASIC. Smile
I probably should... Smile

Yep, I just checked the site you told me to go to KermMartian, and I have no idea what it was talking about. FYI: I tought myself BASIC in september this year, and am WAY overambitious.

Edit: Please don't double post.

_player1537 wrote:
xLib has a function to copy a program in the archive to a temporary program to run in the ram. The first part, no Earthly idea what you meant, sorry.

Actually, xLib for some reason doesn't work on my calculator. I select install, but when you try to use it, the program acts as though it's not installed. hrm...
bspymaster wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

Actually, xLib for some reason doesn't work on my calculator. I select install, but when you try to use it, the program acts as though it's not installed. hrm...
I assume you're using 2.53MP; xLIB doesn't work properly. You shouldn't be using it anyway; you should be using Doors CS 7, which has all the xLIB functions, all the Celtic III and PicArc functions, some of the Omnicalc functions, and all of the DCSB Libs.
bspymaster wrote:
I probably should... Smile

Yep, I just checked the site you told me to go to KermMartian, and I have no idea what it was talking about. FYI: I tought myself BASIC in september this year, and am WAY overambitious.

Edit: Please don't double post.

_player1537 wrote:

Do you have DCS? If you do, there is no reason to have the xLib app on your calculator.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't double post.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours