Definitely. Assuming there aren't any labels in between, just change Lbl B to a While 1 or something, get rid of the Goto s, and add an End to match the While .
Another small optimizations:

Code:
:X-4(A=24)+4(A=26)->X
:Y+4(A=25)-4(A=34)->Y

You can eliminate the ending parentheses. You could also try pulling out the extra 4, but that would require an extra parenthesis, so there's no point.

Code:
:X-4(A=24)+4(A=26->X
:Y+4(A=25)-4(A=34->Y
ahhh. I see. thanks! Now, since this has pretty much turned into a tutorial, I'll ask another question: How do I eliminate memory fatigue? Whenever I create games with graphics, They get fatigued very fast. How can I get rid of that?
bspymaster wrote:
ahhh. I see. thanks! Now, since this has pretty much turned into a tutorial, I'll ask another question: How do I eliminate memory fatigue? Whenever I create games with graphics, They get fatigued very fast. How can I get rid of that?
Those are what we have been calling memory leaks. The way to avoid them is to not Goto out of any construction that ends in End, including Then/End, For/End, While/End, and Repeat/End. The TI-OS will be constantly looking for the End and never finding it, and the more you repeat the leak, the more Ends the TI-OS needs to look for (but never find).
alright and now as i was creating an advanced menu, I tried to run it. However, it flipped out on the second line of programming. Here are the first few lines:
:Clearhome
:0->x (this is where it got stuck as a syntax error)
:3->Y
:Lbl A
(etc)

this is after it freaked out on the DCS thingy you can do at the top (which I cant figure out a pattern, if you can help me there too Smile )
and changed Delvar X to 0->X.There seems to be no reason for this glitch. All my other programs work fine (created by me and otherwise). The glitch started after I finished creating the advanced menu.
1) Uppercase X or lowercase x? If it's a lowercase x, that's your problem. Also, the command is ClrHome, not Clearhome. Smile
2) The DCS thingy: you mean the icon and header?
KermMartian wrote:
bspymaster wrote:
Those are what we have been calling memory leaks. The way to avoid them is to not Goto out of any construction that ends in End, including Then/End, For/End, While/End, and Repeat/End. The TI-OS will be constantly looking for the End and never finding it, and the more you repeat the leak, the more Ends the TI-OS needs to look for (but never find).

Wait. I know memory leaks occur in many basic programs, but could you clarify on that Kerm? I don't really undertsand fully at what you're trying to say. Question
nevermind. I've got it figured out. forgot "then" and "else" commands, as well as a couple "end"s.
Also, yes, the icon thingy. you know:
::DCS
:10294DKFM000O40

or however that works...
Is this mirage compatible? or do I need to have a separate line of code for that? Confused

and so how can I eliminate that? there are no other options I can think of. Neutral
Well there is a section in the Doors CS readme (pdf) that tells you how to creat MOS/Doors Hybrid heading. But I believe that the header is compatible with both? Anyhow I don't really think you need it to be compatible with Mirage OS since Doors is already stable, and widely accepted and used. Very Happy
bspymaster wrote:
nevermind. I've got it figured out. forgot "then" and "else" commands, as well as a couple "end"s.
Also, yes, the icon thingy. you know:
::DCS
:10294DKFM000O40

or however that works...
Is this mirage compatible? or do I need to have a separate line of code for that? Confused

and so how can I eliminate that? there are no other options I can think of. Neutral

It's all listed here: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header#.22Hybrid.22_MOS-DCS_Header

Any header for DCS is compatible with Mirage, unfortunately. DCS shows all programs by default, though, so just get rid of the header if you want it to show up in DCS but not Mirage. But then you won't be able to use icons.
As Deep Thought astutely mentioned, there is a hybrid header specifically designed to make your programs recognizable by both MirageOS and Doors CS, have a Doors CS icon, and have an icon both shells understand. I have no idea why you'd want to be using MirageOS, though. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
As Deep Thought astutely mentioned, there is a hybrid header specifically designed to make your programs recognizable by both MirageOS and Doors CS, have a Doors CS icon, and have an icon both shells understand. I have no idea why you'd want to be using MirageOS, though. Wink

I want it to be mirage compatible because the people in my school are too stupid to use it. Mad

Oh well. Their loss. Very Happy

and I was more hoping along the lines of how that works, You know, what each letter and number put in your icon. Any list of that?
Mirage doesn't support icons for TI-Basic prgms iirc.
so there are no lists?
bspymaster wrote:
so there are no lists?
MirageOS doesn't support icons, but Doors CS does. There are tutorials on how to convert icons to hexadecimal (the letters and numbers). What do you mean that your classmates are too stupid to use DCS? There's nothing challenging about it...
KermMartian wrote:
bspymaster wrote:
so there are no lists?
MirageOS doesn't support icons, but Doors CS does. There are tutorials on how to convert icons to hexadecimal (the letters and numbers). What do you mean that your classmates are too stupid to use DCS? There's nothing challenging about it...

It's probably because they follow outdated YouTube tutorials that tell viewers to use MirageOS. Sad
Well, that's why we need to start making some counter-tutorial videos! I should try to make this a more organized project, actually; who's in?
KermMartian wrote:
Well, that's why we need to start making some counter-tutorial videos! I should try to make this a more organized project, actually; who's in?

I am! Very Happy
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I am! Very Happy
I want to help too... I'm not very good at making videos, though.
me niether. by stupid, I mean they think it "cooler" to use mirage. They're all idiots. I actually found this because some guy was smart enough to realize how bad Mirage was compared to DCS, so he made a post telling people to get DCS.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours