I'd recommend using SIr's program to get the icon and the description, then plugging that in to what you need.

Edit: Oh yeah, make sure you are compiling for nostub, and using "asm(" to put that data at the top of your program.
I did that, but that makes a 15x15 MOS icon/header.
I don't know a lot about assembly, but here's my guess: BB 6D should not be included. Axe adds this to the file automatically.
JosJuice is correct, bb6d should be left alone. I'll look and see if I find anything else out of the ordinary.
JosJuice wrote:
I don't know a lot about assembly, but here's my guess: BB 6D should not be included. Axe adds this to the file automatically.

I know, I omitted the $BB6D.
Can you post some code showing your header and how you use it, if you don't mind.
I found my error.

Code:
BB 6D ;standard ASM header at $9D93
AA C9 ;this is a DCS ASM program at $9D95
18 XX ;we'll talk about XX later, this is jr,Start at $9D97
C1 9D ;description is at Icon+32; this is at $9D9D
07 00 ;Doors CS 7 program, this is at $9D9B
A1 9D ;icon is at $9DA1, this is at $9D99
00 00 ;no ALEs; this is at $9D9F
[32 bytes of 16x16 icon] ;this is at $9DA1
[Description, including zero term] ;this is at $9DC1
;program starts here, at $9DC1+(length of description incl zterm)

Notice the reordering of the description/ 0700 / icon / ALEs.
Thanks for fixing it Kerm, I will test it as soon as I can.
souvik1997 wrote:
Excellent, I look forward to hearing what you have to say. Hopefully I got everything the right way around this time.
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Excellent, I look forward to hearing what you have to say. Hopefully I got everything the right way around this time.

It worked, and to make the process easier for other programmers, I made a simple Celtic3 basic program to create the header. I will upload this program tomorrow.
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

It worked, and to make the process easier for other programmers, I made a simple Celtic3 basic program to create the header. I will upload this program tomorrow.
That's awesome! I'll definitely post that on the ASM Header page on the wiki and tell Quigibo about it. Smile Thanks, Souvik.
You're welcome Kerm. Smile

However, I had to change the XX part of the header to be smaller so it would jump to the start of the program because earlier it was jumping to two bytes after the start of the program.
souvik1997 wrote:
You're welcome Kerm. Smile

However, I had to change the XX part of the header to be smaller so it would jump to the start of the program because earlier it was jumping to two bytes after the start of the program.
Huh, I must have failed to account for two bytes somewhere; thanks for catching that.
In the next release of Axe I am going to try to have custom icon support for all shells hopefully. The reason I haven't gotten around to it yet is because its difficult to implement since its a precompile command and I have to think of a clever syntax for it.

Cool game by the way. Also, if you use "Fix 3" it will draw text inverted with a black border instead of a white one so you don't have to invert the screen if you don't want to.
Thanks for that, Quigibo. Are you planning custom descriptions as well as per the header Souvik and I worked out, or is that outside the scope of what's easily doable with sane syntax?
Here is v0.5 of my program:
http://www.usaupload.net/d/eps5j6l87wm

And here is my Celtic3 basic program to create the header:
http://www.usaupload.net/d/qk0856cwlv1
Superb, Souvik; thanks for that! I hope that you upload both to Cemetech at some point as well.
I did upload both of them, but you only approved one.

Edit: nevermind
souvik1997 wrote:

I think you just didn't get a PM about the second one. Smile At any rate, regardless of whether Quigibo adds this feature to Axe, your program is useful for now, and it might continue to be useful if he doesn't get around to that. Congrats!
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

I think you just didn't get a PM about the second one. Smile

Exactly this.
Quote:

At any rate, regardless of whether Quigibo adds this feature to Axe, your program is useful for now, and it might continue to be useful if he doesn't get around to that. Congrats!

Thanks! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours