My resolution is to better myself as a human being. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd like to think I've done ok so far, but I've a long way to go.
My resolution is to make next year be better than the end of this one, and to do good and do awesome things. My resolution is also 6720x1050.
KermMartian wrote:
My resolution is also 6720x1050.

Ha! Mine's 1024x600(netbook) and 1280x1024(Desktop).
My resolution is to get better grades and 1366x768. Smile Happy New Year!!
souvik1997 wrote:
Happy New Year! My resolution is to code better quality programs. Razz

I need to code programs that are actually FUN or USEFUL. =/ Therefore, my resolution is to do so. Smile On the other hand, I think my laptop can keep it's resolution from last year (1366x768), at least for now! Laughing
@Technomonkey: Write calculator programs, then! Smile
@ParkerR: That's an admirable goal.
@DShznit, hehe
_player1537 wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Well, new years was ruined for me because of my brother, for about the past 12 hours, he was really being annoying and hyper, but it peaked when we were all supposed to watch as the ttimer goes down, and 3 seconds away from the big moment, he decides to start SCREAMING and HITTING ME and GO APESH*T. thus, moment ruined, I could not enjoy the countdown.

Life a sucks
You mean, almost as crazy as Rhombus's signature!?!?!?!? In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your brother Sad

and it doesnt help that since new years he has STILL been acting hyper and refuses to stfu for 5 seconds ARGH
Sometimes I wonder what I'm missing by not having siblings, and sometimes I am very glad that I have no siblings. So, how has the first 12 hours of 2011 treated everyone?
Kerm, you are missing the wonderful joys of constant groundings, earbleeds, and someone always stealing/breaking/wiping their nose on your stuff.
qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, you are missing the wonderful joys of constant groundings, earbleeds, and someone always stealing/breaking/wiping their nose on your stuff.
a, I can't believe that I'm missing out on all that fun. Sad
Ikr, sucks to be you Razz
KermMartian wrote:
@Technomonkey: Write calculator programs, then! Smile

Yeah, out of all the programs I've written which still exist on my calc, the only useful one is a TI-BASIC radical simplifier which still needs improvement. I'm sort of a novice at both coming up with ideas for programs *AND* programming itself lol. I've also made (not useful, but...):

1. A fake cell phone program which I need to work on again
  2. A fake calculator program that screws up calculations and occasionally throws out a fake error insulting the user
  3. A quadratic solver
  4. A program that counts down really quickly]
  5. A Mario level, which is on the archives BTW
  6. A program that bounces a line around the screen
  7. A program that shows you the TI-BASIC keycodes (which is quite pointless for programmers, ik)
  8. Best of all, text encryption/decryption programs in which the encryption program is about a third the size of the decryption one! Very Happy

So yeah... I need to become a more advanced programmer and *THEN* make more useful programs actually.
Well, we're certainly here to help you, and if you made those, it sounds like you at least have the basics down, which is more valuable than you realize, I'd imagine. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Well, we're certainly here to help you, and if you made those, it sounds like you at least have the basics down, which is more valuable than you realize, I'd imagine. Smile

Lol (late reply). It's good to know there are so many helpful devs out there to assist me. Smile Do you believe I should import said programs into SourceCoder to see what optimizations can be made? If so, how would I go about making one of those topics in which people can work on it with me and in which SC posts updates automatically?
My resolution is for FreeBuild to reach a beta stage, and 1440x900
6400x1200 (at work) and to not keep any resolutions.
merthsoft wrote:
6400x1200 (at work) and to not keep any resolutions.

So you saw Colbert last night too? I saw it at 1:30 in the morning though so that line made my head hurt.
I did not. That (or a variation) has been my resolution for the past 10 years.

Also:
technomonkey76 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

0x5 (late reply). It's good to know there are so many helpful devs out there to assist me. Smile Do you believe I should import said programs into SourceCoder to see what optimizations can be made? If so, how would I go about making one of those topics in which people can work on it with me and in which SC posts updates automatically?
Yes, definitely, and here are the (admittedly nontrivial) steps:
1) Import your program into SourceCoder, and save it to your projects
2) Edit the project's permissions: set it to editable and viewable by all
3) SourceCoder will give you a link; paste that into the topic, post, then click the link and resave the project. Voila!
My resolution is 2560x1600 (work), 5760x1200 (home), 1366x768 (personal laptop), 1280x800 (cr-48), and 1680x1050 (work mbp)

I'm already awesome, so I don't need to better myself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours