tifreak8x wrote:
For some reason, it just shows up slow in the gif, It is like 5 times that speed on the actual calc.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that (FFME has a gif uploaded that is a lot slower then the real hardware as well). :/
I'd be more than happy to write any conversion programs that you might need, tifreak8x, although from context it sounds like you might not need it.
Nope, I -think- the only other bit of ASM help I will need is linking.
tifreak8x wrote:
Nope, I -think- the only other bit of ASM help I will need is linking.
Nifty, I look forward to trying to help. Perhaps you'll be the straw that forces me to finally figure out BASIC CALCnet2.2 bindings. Very Happy
Haha, but would that mean someone would be required to install DCS on their calcs to use it? I would need a standalone program to do what is needed, since DCS uses up so much space (not complaining, it is just a fact) and Pokemon is going to be huge, I just want to maximize the space I have available and not completely fill up a person's calc. Especially if I only need DCS for one little thing :p
Oh right, I totally forgot about that. Ah well, it was worth a try. Wink
There are some small (and useful) linking libraries for basic programmers on ticalc.org.
I'll have to see what is out there, I kind of need some things to be specific, like error handling and the like. But it is something that is a ways off, we'll wait until I get to that point.
Made some progress. Got the code put in for the equations program. Sadly, it seems I didn't add enough error checking for empty attack slots. This is for new, low level pokemon that know <4 moves, so at least one of the slots will be empty. Once I can get it to stop erroring out, then I can see if the rest of it works. So far, everything else seems happy enough.
Great job, tifreak! I enjoyed seeing updates in your new Twitter feed, and one of my friends even noticed your tweet and asked me about the game. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Great job, tifreak! I enjoyed seeing updates in your new Twitter feed, and one of my friends even noticed your tweet and asked me about the game. Smile

Oh sweet. You should direct him here so it can be discussed :p

And thanks! Very Happy

I've managed a bit more, as per the twitter post.
Great, I saw the update. Smile I'll try to direct him here, but I doubt that he'll stop by, since he's not really a calculator guy.
It doesn't have to be calculator specific, this is a forum about general technology, is it not? :p

Also, stat generation seems to be nearly done for new pokemon. Now there are issues with displaying sprites and such on the battle screen.
This is true, but I don't want to distract him any more than necessary from finishing his Masters' thesis, considering he has about a week to get a big chunk of it done. Smile That's awesome news on the stats generation!
Thanks!

Going through and using the list editor, I found errors in the stats generated. Going through, I accidentally changed 1 list element in one of the exp equations, and I forgot to put E_2 next to an fPart( to make a decimal a positive number. Those are easy enough fixes. However, I have not found the bug causing my newest issue with the battle screen display. Hopefully time will open up for me to be able to look into that over the next couple of days.

Yes, I am aware of the line not connecting on the hp bar, just wanted to screenshot progress of what works now :p
tifreak8x wrote:

Yes, I am aware of the line not connecting on the hp bar, just wanted to screenshot progress of what works now :p
A screenshot! Oh happy day!
tifreak8x wrote:

Very very nice! Keep up the good work. Very Happy
That continues to look super-professional and true to the original, I must add, and the sprite draw time is certainly respectable, especially for BASIC.
Wow, that is epic and win! Keep up the good work! Smile

Hnnn, I need to read through this thread because I apparently have managed to ignore it for Kerm knows how long. Sad

Page 4 of 17
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours