As many of you know, Texas Instruments has released OS 2.55MP for the TI 84+ series and will soon release OS 2.56MP for the TI 84+ emulator in the TI Nspire.
Link to OS: http://education.ti.com/calculators/downloads/US/Software/Detail?id=6014

As noted here, this OS adds "Stat Wizards", which apparently make the statistics functions easier to use. It also adds new PTT features, disabling logbase() and summation.
So, will you upgrade or stay on your current OS?
it uses my last freaking RAM page, hell no. I suspect the only people to send this for daily use would be people who dont code calcs much and really have problems with the stat stuff.... I knew thsi OS was going to be total gar-bitch
I think that I will be sadly forced to use it to test out Doors CS 7.1.1 to see how much stuff it breaks. Sad Has anyone tried yet?
I should add "and peopel who wanna test compatibility"
I'm running it now and there haven't been any issues yet. I haven't done too much with it, though.
BrandonW says he is going to turn HCWP (Tomorrow!!!!) into a rant about this OS, and that we can all chip in to find problems with it Very Happy
:O woo! I dont wanna upgrade though, sorry Sad
Excellent, I look forward to BrandonW's contributions, as well as hopefully sharing gCn, Merth, and Elfprince/Courtney!
You're going to share me?!
Summation is disabled, did you say?
No, I will not be upgrading!
It is optionally disabled on PTT (Push-To-Test), which is activated by holding down the left and right arrow keys when turning the calculator on. Wink
StupidUser wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech! I understand that sum(seq( does more or less the same thing.
StupidUser wrote:

but if a teacher does force you too......
qazz42 wrote:
StupidUser wrote:

but if a teacher does force you too......
*to, but yes. I don't know why they singled that out for disabling, to be honest. Has anyone verified if they've fixed any of the bugs that BrandonW or I reported to TI?
They appear to have fixed the matrix inverse bug, since doing

Code:

[[3 0]^-1 * [[3 0]
 [0 3]]     [0 3]] 

returns the identity matrix.

I upgraded to test compatibility. It's not like I need the extra RAM page, seeing as how my RAM is always empty anyway from RAM clears.
Qwerty.55 wrote:

Code:

[[3 0]^-1 * [[3 0]
 [0 3]]     [0 3]] 

I upgraded to test compatibility. It's not like I need the extra RAM page, seeing as how my RAM is always empty anyway from RAM clears.
If you get a chance, would you mind testing DCS 7.1.1 compatibility? I'm particularly curious if you can trigger a Garbage Collect when Doors CS is trying to archive a big game after you playing it to see if they fixed the MenuCurrent offset bug or not.
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:

Code:

[[3 0]^-1 * [[3 0]
 [0 3]]     [0 3]] 

If you get a chance, would you mind testing DCS 7.1.1 compatibility? I'm particularly curious if you can trigger a Garbage Collect when Doors CS is trying to archive a big game after you playing it to see if they fixed the MenuCurrent offset bug or not.

The garbage collect has deleted a couple programs I was working on a time or 2 as it froze my calc(like 15 minutes and nothing changed) so I had to pull a battery and lost the program. :/
KermMartian wrote:

The biggest program I have on my calculator is only 3700 bytes, so I'm not sure I can test that. However, everything else in Doors CS seems to work very well. You can delete things, archive them, unarchive them, and all programs run correctly. It doesn't look like they broke anything. It also doesn't appear as if they fixed anything related to development. The only bug fixes I've seen are for math related problems.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The biggest program I have on my calculator is only 3700 bytes, so I'm not sure I can test that. However, everything else in Doors CS seems to work very well. You can delete things, archive them, unarchive them, and all programs run correctly. It doesn't look like they broke anything. It also doesn't appear as if they fixed anything related to development. The only bug fixes I've seen are for math related problems.

It seems to me that TI doesn't much care about those of us who try to make their calculators more enjoyable (i.e. make games, shells etc..) and just worry about the simple math mistakes they messed up.
Well, due to their attitude, they seem to act like we don't even exsist and that calculator gaming never happened.... this is why kids in my school have Casio calcs now

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours