Because of my recent computer shenanigans I've gotten a GeForce 460. The Orange Block seems to be running at ~20 FPS more in windowed mode. TBG seems to run waaaaaaay worse than on my 9800gt.
Lucas W wrote:
Because of my recent computer shenanigans I've gotten a GeForce 460. The Orange Block seems to be running at ~20 FPS more in windowed mode. TBG seems to run waaaaaaay worse than on my 9800gt.
That makes no sense at all. Are you running the drivers for it? It sounds like software rendering is in force.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_400_Series#OpenGL_Problems
elfprince13 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_400_Series#OpenGL_Problems
"So far, nVidia has declined to acknowledge or comment on the issue." That's stupendous; thanks nVidia. :/
I always knew ATI was better.
SpaceNinja wrote:
I always knew ATI was better.

Oh no. Please don't start a GPU war.
Let's leave this thread idle until nVidia makes some move to resolve these issues,
Do note, the statement claiming nvidia declined to acknowledge or comment on the issue has no source.

I think we're taking "facts" on wikipedia too comfortably these days.
ATI is nice, but half the computers I've used that have had ATI cards have had holes in a bunch of stuff when rendering.
TBG AND ToB run on OpenGL, when I switch to DirectX on ToB it crashes.

And yes, I have current drivers.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Do note, the statement claiming nvidia declined to acknowledge or comment on the issue has no source.

An excellent point; I should have been more discerning than that. I shall withhold judgment until I see a more reputable source either confirming or refuting that "fact".
You know the little blue lines of text towards the bottom of the page? Those are called "links" and when you click them, they take you to other reliable sources.
Lucas W wrote:
TBG AND ToB run on OpenGL, when I switch to DirectX on ToB it crashes.

And yes, I have current drivers.

DirectX has been broken in TGE for ages.
comicIDIOT wrote:

Wait, DShiznit is correct: "[13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] "

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours