Due to my work moving and upgrading several servers that perform Cemetech backend services, including SaxJax, gCnHub, and others, these and other services will be sporadically offline this afternoon. The Cemetech website should remain functional.
Eh, thats fine with me, no complaints here >Very Happy.. I mean Smile
What are the upgrades for? Does this mean Cemetech will be faster?
Cemetech0, my Dell Pentium II backup server (which was also, for at least a year, Cemetech's TBM server) is now offline for its last time. I'll post pics later once I get them from my phone. Its important files, including a bunch of old TBM map saves, are now on Simms4.
So what happens to Cemetech0?
KeithJohansen wrote:
It'll be thrown out; it's the most ancient of boxen. Anyway, new news: Simms0, Simms3, and Simms5 are temporarily offline for maintenance. The gCnIRCHub and other servers are unavailable for a few minutes.
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
It'll be thrown out; it's the most ancient of boxen. Anyway, new news: Simms0, Simms3, and Simms5 are temporarily offline for maintenance. The gCnIRCHub and other servers are unavailable for a few minutes.

Can I have it? Very Happy
Wait, so that means you are getting a new server? Cool!
KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Fight to the death? I want it Razz
_player1537 wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Fight to the death? I want it Razz

Very well, good sir! A duel it shall be! Swordfishes at dawn! 3 points for victory! Standard rules! Razz
I don't think you'd really want a Pentium II with 256MB of RAM. Smile She (he?) (it?) served me well though over the years. Note that webserver and these servers are not the same thing; these servers are for secondary purposes. I'm trying to convince Simms3 to boot again with a second hard drive; many of you have spent many hours inside Simms3.
KermMartian wrote:
I don't think you'd really want a Pentium II with 256MB of RAM. Smile She (he?) (it?) served me well though over the years. Note that webserver and these servers are not the same thing; these servers are for secondary purposes. I'm trying to convince Simms3 to boot again with a second hard drive; many of you have spent many hours inside Simms3.

Ahem, I have wimpier computers than that lying around. Very Happy
Gimme! Razz
Hopefully all the servers are back online now. Someone remind me to set up an rsync or dd between Simms3's drives, and to do some backing up from Simms5, now that it too has a pair of drives and more RAM. The gCn metahub and the gCnIRCHub are also back online.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours