Well, since I lack enough computer access to work on CALCnet Tournament until next week, I've been working on a little project called Falcon. Basically, it's a spaceship shooting game similar to Phoenix and Raven. It's written in Axe, and is very customizable. For example, I've added sections in the source to change the amount of enemies, the fire rate, and the speed of the bullets.

Source is prgmA
No-stub executable is prgmSHOOTER.
Requires Axe v0.4.4 or greater to compile.

Download

That looks amazing, Souvik! You should make it a DCS game with header and icon, though. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
That looks amazing, Souvik! You should make it a DCS game with header and icon, though. Wink

Thanks, and I will when it's finished.
*bump*
I've added a menu to choose the amount of enemies, the fire rate, and the speed of the bullets.
Looks great Souvik! Keep it up! I personally like that kind of shooter since enemies aren't always just moving in some sort of tiled/aligned fashion or through patterns, so it's less predictable.
Thanks DJ! I'm working on adding a "campaign" mode, where people can unlock weapons and difficulty modes.
souvik1997 wrote:
Thanks DJ! I'm working on adding a "campaign" mode, where people can unlock weapons and difficulty modes.
Ooooh, I like that idea a lot! And good job on the new features that you bumped a few posts ago.
Copier.

Razz It does look really good Very Happy I also like the idea of a campaign mode, and might copy it Wink I assume that you are using an Axe variable to hold the number of enemies, fire rate, etc. right?
Yup, that's exactly what I'm doing. It slows the game down a little, but meh.
Lurv it It's a keeper. And I'm going to look at the source to learn from it. Very Happy If you don't mind Souvik.
Sure, feel free to look at the source. And thanks. Smile
Yay! Code dissection time! *nom nom nom* o_O
I now have difficulty modes working, along with a 15mhz gameplay mode, bosses, and support for up to 101 enemies. I will be working on adding different weapons today.
souvik1997 wrote:
I now have difficulty modes working, along with a 15mhz gameplay mode, bosses, and support for up to 101 enemies. I will be working on adding different weapons today.
Sounds awesome! I hope that you get back to working on CALCnet Tournament soon, though. Smile Also, 0rac343, I heartily approve your CAD-based avatar.
I will work on CALCnet Tournament when I get to use my laptop again (probably tomorrow or Sunday). Sad I was going to put the source on my Dropbox so I could work on it from my desktop, but I forgot. :/
Hey, this looks cool. Need any help optimizing, let me know Wink
New version: http://www.usaupload.net/d/b29e2vlv9bn The executable is now prgmFALCON, the source is still prgmA.
I believe that Falcon is a GREAT program, even one that would soon rival Phoenix itself! In my opinion, your program should be unique and a good rival! Therefore, I have some ideas:

1. Some sort of theming mechanism (e.g. possibility for alternate ship sprites and backgrounds) (if possible in any way)
  2. More than two speed settings
  3. System of levels
  4. Way to regain health after each level
  5. Ability to swap weapons between levels
  6. Multiplayer via I/O cable or Cn would be awesome, but that would be difficult to implement, I'm sure. (For example, what if you were divided into teams if done over Cn?)
  7. [That's all I can think of; I will add a new post/edit this one if I think of more!]
Thanks Techmonkey!
1) Probably isn't possible, but I'll try
2) Definitely impossible, the 6 MHz mode is already really slow and I don't want to slow it down even more. Slowing down the 15 MHz mode wouldn't be a good idea, if I did that I would need to use another variable.
3) I'll do that, but I don't what the levels will be like.
4 and 5) I already have the code for that, I just need to implement levels.
6) Will probably never happen, the game is already kinda slow and I don't want to slow it down more by adding multiplayer.
souvik1997 wrote:
I will work on CALCnet Tournament when I get to use my laptop again (probably tomorrow or Sunday). Sad I was going to put the source on my Dropbox so I could work on it from my desktop, but I forgot. :/
Awww, bummer. Sad Glad to hear that you'll get to work on it this weekend, though! If like most of us you have Monday off, hopefully that can be a day where we're all productive.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours