It's been a very long while since I've given Freebuild a go, partly because it crashes on my desktop, partly because I got caught up with wanting to remove cast shadows on KermCave, but mostly because I've had no free time. I spent a very fun hour and a half this evening playing with _Player1537 and Geekboy, and I have a few assorted comments from our playing:

1) Vehicles still crash, but you knew that
2) Painting doesn't work. Selecting a color and then placing a brick works most of the time (except when it doesn't)
3) Setting sign text only works on subsequent bricks, not when you select and set
4) If Freebuild loses focus for a second, when you return, the function of the right mouse button is inverted. Releasing it makes you jet.
5) The iGob seemed to flake out slightly, but I think that was my fault
6) Lag. I think it was all the shadows from all the KermCave lights, even though I built an elevator way up to a platform above the Cave where I was building with _Player and Geek.
7) Auto saving so when it crashes one doesn't lose everything.

Also the lag could have just been my connection flaking out, it wouldn't surprise me with how TWC has been lately.
Yeah, TWC sucks in general; I can never up more than 50KBps (400kbps) for some utterly retarded reason. They definitely limit strictly. And super-agreed on (7).
Good to know about these things, particularly the script related ones.
elfprince13 wrote:
Good to know about these things, particularly the script related ones.
My pleasure. Smile Any thoughts about any of them? Were any of these previously-known issues?
8) Brick rotating. You can only rotate bricks right with the iGob, otherwise it just rotates random degrees.
9) You can stick your head through bricks and ground.
SpaceNinja wrote:

Happens because the Eye node rotates with the body, if you wanted to fix it you'd have to make the eye node rotate on its own.
Jimmg wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:

Happens because the Eye node rotates with the body, if you wanted to fix it you'd have to make the eye node rotate on its own.

Or assign an appropriate bounding box to the crouched position. that would fix most of your issues.
Oh yeah, I noticed (Cool as well, and was saddened. I was trying to make a ramp with a flat brick, and thought I was failing to use the rotation tool for some reason.
DShiznit wrote:
Jimmg wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:

Or assign an appropriate bounding box to the crouched position. that would fix most of your issues.
Ah, I thought he meant when you look down or up when standing.
SpaceNinja wrote:
Cool Brick rotating. You can only rotate bricks right with the iGob, otherwise it just rotates random degrees.

I haven't seen this problem at all. The world editor is probably radians based, but everything else shouldn't be....
elfprince13 wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:
Cool Brick rotating. You can only rotate bricks right with the iGob, otherwise it just rotates random degrees.

I haven't seen this problem at all. The world editor is probably radians based, but everything else shouldn't be....
If you want to hop into Jonimus' server at some point, I'd be happy to show you. Smile

Edit: It's not that the rotation amount is wrong necessarily; it seems to add some random offset to all three rotation axes first.
gotcha. I'll experiment with that.
elfprince13 wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:

Dear God, No...
DShiznit, not a big fan of radians, I take it? Very Happy Good thing we only need to deal with the world editor when making maps or in other rare circumstances.
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit, not a big fan of radians, I take it? Very Happy Good thing we only need to deal with the world editor when making maps or in other rare circumstances.

More people need to <3 radians. I'm a huge fan of them
On the note of rotations, PLEASE tell me we are ditching euler angles completely Wink
Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

But they can't even get a full half-circle with <3 radians. Surprised That's not good at all. And from my experiences with working with angles and rotation, I think I'm with calc84maniac on this one.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

But they can't even get a full half-circle with <3 radians. Surprised That's not good at all. And from my experiences with working with angles and rotation, I think I'm with calc84maniac on this one.

You can get a half-circle with ~3.14 radians...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours