18%  [ 3 ]
TI-84+ SE
 56%  [ 9 ]
Other
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

cerzus69 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Argh, and I totally keep failing to help you find it, other than a few halfhearted attempts where I failed to replicate it. Sad
So, you've never seen it yourself?
Nope, I've never managed to spot it myself.
KermMartian wrote:
Nope, I've never managed to spot it myself.
Well, I guess that's only a good thing. Smile

The game now supports high score and name saving and mode unlocking. Twilight and Hyper mode can independently be unlocked by reaching certain mile stones, but I won't tell which or the fun is gone Wink.

The next update will feature a custom AppVar in which the data will be saved in stead of in the game data itself. Thanks to DrDnar and JosJuice for the idea Smile.
Wow, again, A++ on the graphics.
Progbeard wrote:
Wow, again, A++ on the graphics.
Thank you, those took me some time getting right!
oh yeah, veary good graphiks! Smile
Thank you too, Sorunome!

@KermM: You know... I was thinking about making the final version of the game (out of its beta state) an Ion program. I now have different files for Ion, MirageOS and DoorsCS7, but that makes the game actually less compatible if you think about people linking the game between each other and the only difference are the icons in the MirageOS and DoorsCS7 versions, and frankly I can miss those... in favor of having one file that is compatible with ALL shells.
Please don't hate me for saying this Razz I hope you'd still post news about it!
Judging by the fact that you did not respond yet, I gather that you don't like what I said, is that right?
cerzus69 wrote:
Judging by the fact that you did not respond yet, I collect that you don't like what I said, is that right?
Or that I didn't see your post. Razz I am human, despite my attempts to appear to the contrary. Wink

I don't mind if you decide to make it Ion-only, but I still think there's not much detriment to making it DCS-only since I believe most people in the community at least have DCS, and other people would be forced to get it. Smile I respect your decision either way; I'm not that capricious. Rolling Eyes
KermMartian wrote:
I am human, despite my attempts to appear to the contrary. Wink
Ah, okay, well nice job there, because I was actually under the impression that you were a Martian Razz.

Okay, well I will juggle the options, but I am really tending toward Ion, since virtually every shell supports that type of program.

I'll be posting a final version very soon. The only thing left to do is making the initial high score lists. I want to have a combination of easy, medium and somewhat hard high scores to beat. I will also look through all the code again to optimize it where possible.
Great job, this has come a long way (and a much longer way since you first started it but hadn't yet announced it here, to be sure Smile).
@KermM: Thank you very much! Very Happy I do agree though. I had expected it to be much harder to put all of the intended features in. And indeed, before the first post here, I had done the core of the game (the graphics, the dropping animations, pair finding/removing, no moves checking(!)) which was really hard and needed a lot of thought and pseudo code, but after that the rest was relatively easy. I also found that it got easier the further along I came in terms of creating the code necessary for my needs. It's been a fun challenge!

EDIT: Also, the bug seems to be completely gone now! Very HappyVery Happy

EDIT2: My screen blanked in ACTION mode on level 5 and my RAM got cleared. That's nice, because the AppVar is in RAM during the game, so all progress was deleted... Again, I hope this is just my calc, otherwise I wouldn't know what to do. Something must be toying with me here...

I've uploaded the latest and probably the last beta version of the game featuring an AppVar for data saving. I've also changed it into an Ion program, so the icon is gone, but that wasn't that fancy to begin with...

Look out for the full version, I'll probably post that at the end of the weekend.
Finished version uploaded!
cerzus69 wrote:
Does the one you uploaded have the hugegiant screenshots, or new smallerized screenies? I want to write some frontpage news, as well, but I'll need at least one or two static (non-animated) screenshots for that.
KermMartian wrote:
cerzus69 wrote:
Does the one you uploaded have the hugegiant screenshots, or new smallerized screenies? I want to write some frontpage news, as well, but I'll need at least one or two static (non-animated) screenshots for that.
I made new ones after the failed upload and your warnings. Still not under 100kb, but the biggest is just over 300. Anyway, they are all animated. Should I make a few static ones? If so, how will I give them to you?

I am pretty excited about that news by the way! Very Happy
Really enjoyed the game. looks really polished. Hats off to you sir for a great game

It still amazes me seeing what this calc can do.
madmax2069 wrote:
Really enjoyed the game. looks really polished. Hats off to you sir for a great game

I'm glad you did enjoy it! What game mode did you like playing?
cerzus69 wrote:
madmax2069 wrote:

I'm glad you did enjoy it! What game mode did you like playing?

I played both classic and action. both are very enjoyable. played about a hours worth and didn't run into any bugs.
Whoops, sorry cerzus, I missed the fact that you responded. Could you email me two or three static screenshots that you feel are representative of the game as a whole? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Whoops, sorry cerzus, I missed the fact that you responded. Could you email me two or three static screenshots that you feel are representative of the game as a whole? Smile

That's okay. I just sent them to your @coopter address. Smile
cerzus69 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That's okay. I just sent them to your @coopter address. Smile

Article is live!

Cemetech member Cerzus69 has released a final version of Benumbered v2.0, a beautiful grayscale game for the TI-83+ and TI-84+ lines of calculators written in pure z80 ASM. Based on the concept of the PopCap game Bejeweled, players swap pairs of gems numbers to try to make lines of three or more. There are plenty of exciting bonuses, four different modes plus two hidden modes that can be unlocked via high scores, game saving/loading, and high score tables. The four-level grayscale is particularly impressive; this game can be run under Doors CS 7, Ion, or your Ion-compatible shell of choice. I strongly encourage you to take a look at this impressive work and to congratulate Cerzus69 on a rare Cemetech article featuring a non-staff member project!

Download:
Benumbered v2.0

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours