I was wondering if there is a way to have a .jar log every file inside it that is uses as it is used. So for example, if you have a .jar that just runs a script to display some image, it would log what it runs until it is exited. I hope this made sense.
This could be what you want. It requires the Java IDE Eclipse.
souvik1997 wrote:
This could be what you want. It requires the Java IDE Eclipse.

I have no idea what that was talking about, all I know is it is talking about running a .jar with a different program. :/
I would use Java.util.logging in each class, and in a static method, just get whatever logger. Then, you can create another class/program that uses the same logger to display the log. So basically, you would LogManager.getLogger(String name), to get a "LOG". Then, in the program that reads it, add a Handler for it. You would basically have something like this in each class:

Code:

static {
    Logger logger = LogManager.getLogger("My.Test.Log");
    logger.log(Level.ALL,"String here");
}

And then the reading program:

Code:

Logger logger = LogManager.getLogger("My.Test.Log");
    logger.addHandler(new Handler()); // technically, you deal with the abstract messages here.

I hope this works.
Sonlen wrote:
I was wondering if there is a way to have a .jar log every file inside it that is uses as it is used. So for example, if you have a .jar that just runs a script to display some image, it would log what it runs until it is exited. I hope this made sense.

debugger + tracing + profiler should have you covered

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours