Can port 65 be used as a timer? The output seems to increase by 1 every second.
souvik1997 wrote:
Can port 65 be used as a timer? The output seems to increase by 1 every second.
Reading the WikiTI documentation on Port 65, aka Port 45, this port is the lowest byte of a 32-bit number specifying the time since January 1, 1997, in seconds. Ports 66/46. 67/47, and 68/48 form the second-least significant, second-most significant, and most significant byte of the 32-bit number. To make a long story even longer, yes, it can, but only on the TI-84+/SE series, not on the TI-83+/SE series. Also, if the clock is off (checked by reading bit 0 of Port 40/60, set by writing bit 0), then the value of ports 45-48 will not be meaningful.
Ah ok. I wanted to use it for CnT, but if it isn't TI 83+/SE compatible I won't use it.
souvik1997 wrote:
Ah ok. I wanted to use it for CnT, but if it isn't TI 83+/SE compatible I won't use it.
No, it's not. They have no crystal timer, and thus are incapable of keeping time that way. May I ask what you wanted to use it for so we could explore alternatives?
TI-83+SE actually does have crystal timers, but no RTC. TI-83+ has neither, though.
calc84maniac wrote:
TI-83+SE actually does have crystal timers, but no RTC. TI-83+ has neither, though.
Err, sorry, slight inaccuracy on my part. Smile Thanks for the correction, calc84./
I wanted to add a timer, so games can be limited to a certain amount of minutes.
souvik1997 wrote:
I wanted to add a timer, so games can be limited to a certain amount of minutes.
You could approximate that with some kind of loop mechanism, even though that would be unfortunately vague and vary with the number of bullets fired and users on (and time spent in Cn2.2). Sad I'll try to think of some kind of workaround. I think interrupt chaining is too expensive.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours