i kno x86 is standard, but i wanted to clarify against sum old crappy 1 like a p3
rivereye wrote:
x86 is your standard processir, just to clarify. It may or may not, Apple may use extra hardware that is required that they won't sell for their computers to run

*COUGH, COUGH*
Quote:
only other x86 version will come with mac hardware and will be "locked" to that hardware
*COUGH, COUGH* Rolling Eyes

x86 is x86, don't matter proc speed (but it might be 686-only)
i got a new screenshot, but broadphase is down apperently, so ill upload it later, and pst a link the too

every1 should post a screenshot of their desktop, especially if skinned/modded/hacked/wutever
i'd post a ss of my desktop, but right now its at a linux command line compiling xorg, gtk, and gnome (and dependencies) - a total of 200+ packages to compile/install, w00t

this could take a two or three days (thats if i leave it on all the time, which i won't, i gotta shut 'er down at night so i can sleep - a fans) - i think last time i compiled from when i got home, 3:00, to 10:00, and it took a week, but a, is it worth it! A compiled-yourself-linux is faaaaaaaaaaast! (gentoo makes it easy-ish)

here's pics of my old windows desktop tho: http://www.kllrnohj.com/images/desktop/ (its badass - all native too, no extra proggies used)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/commander_robot/ss.jpg

Nothing notable...meh.
grr broadphase.com is still down, any1 got a good place i can upload the image? its too big for pix8
Kllrnohj: omg, do you have dual monitors??
i have dual, but my monitor is big enough that i dont need the seccond, so i keep it off. i need to find a really long s-video cable and a long headphone to rca audio cable, like 30 feet, and ima hook that up to my big screen:) and then watch movies and listen to music etc. on it and ima get a wireless kb and mouse for that
/me drools.
patl411 wrote:
i have dual, but my monitor is big enough that i dont need the seccond, so i keep it off. i need to find a really long s-video cable and a long headphone to rca audio cable, like 30 feet, and ima hook that up to my big screen:) and then watch movies and listen to music etc. on it and ima get a wireless kb and mouse for that

bah, no such thing as a monitor thats big enough to not need dual!

(yes, i'm running dual mons - either 2x CRTS or 1xCRT and a 55in widescreen hooked up all digitally via the DVI output Wink )

www.kllrnohj.com/imghost <- for all your image hosting needs
i run 1 at 1360x1024 my other monitor can only go up to 1024x768 so that makes it difficult, cuz its wierd havin 2 diff resolutions, when i do use it i usually just put itunes in it anyway, cuz its not hepful with photoshop and thind like that unless i lower the main monitor's resolution
Mmmm, 55" widescreen... Smile
i have a 62" bigscreen
Surprised Razz (That is licking lips)
the only problem is i have to move my comp accross my basement to use it for a screen Sad thats y i want the long s-video cable, and it hase a $1200 attatched to it too, thats y i wat the long audio cable. i need to get new rear speakers for it tho
Surprised It has 12 benjamins glued on?!
s-video is analog, and a long cable will most likely degrade the image quality

if you got an HDTV, it more than likely has a DMI port on it. Get a DVI-to-DMI adapter so its all digital, and therefore more resistant to noise (it'll also look alot better, and have a higher resolution)
regardless of the cable i use it still has to b atleast 30 ft, and i kno s-vido will look fine, we have 100ft connecting to a broadcast monitor tv at school and looks perftectly clear. our tv is dv, but not officially, does that make sense? it is dv quality, 72p or wutever it is, but its not officially dv. is dmi the 1 with the red green blue grey and black wires?
HDMI: http://www.smelectronics.com/images2/HDMImm.jpg

So your TV is partial-HDTV? Like it can do some of the modes, but not all of them?
no like it has the lines of resolution that a hdtv has, but it ist a hdtv, it doesnt have hd reciever

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours