I pose this question to anyone you is man enough to answer. Do you sleep with electronics in your bed? I dont mean like a cell phone or iPod. I mean like you have a random or loved piece of electronics with you while you sleep. Like tonigt I am sleeping with my 84+ SE lying next to me. I might just be weird. I am posting this to see if there is anyone else out there like me.

Parker

P.S. First mobile post Smile
HELL YEAH!! I usually fall asleep with my laptop on my bed, with my 84 next to it. It's only fallen off a few times.... Really sucks when that happens.
I have had my laptop fall off the bed. That is no fun.
I always put my electronics on the floor a body-width away from the bed.
elfprince13 wrote:
I always put my electronics on the floor a body-width away from the bed.

Exactly the same here, but small[er] things like my calc/DS lite get a special place on my side table. Smile
@elfprince, you may as well just walk and put the a thing on your desk!
@ ParkerR, I dropped my laptop off the top of my car one time... Onto the street! I picked it up, the hard drive, the cd drive (Which fell out and flew a few feet) plugged them back in, and the thing still worked!! I got a pretty major gouge on the corner of the case though. Sad But yeah, no screen or hard disk damage. lol
I was more worried for the wall. Leaves scrapes and paint sometimes. (fallen off bed twice I think)
Nah, the wall underneath your bed doesn't matter! What matters is the paint that gets scraped off the laptop.
ParkerR wrote:
I was more worried for the wall. Leaves scrapes and paint sometimes. (fallen off bed twice I think)

The wall is NOT and NEVER will be as precious as electronic devices!
adept wrote:
@elfprince, you may as well just walk and put the a thing on your desk!

My desk isn't a desk. It's food + laundry storage, and a bay for my minifridge.
That was my point. The laptop leaving paint and scratches in the wall. Maybe not more worried for the wall but still a concern. Smile
Exactly! Also, technomonkey. Do you like techno? Or do you mean technology monkey? Cuz I LOVE techno.
adept wrote:
Exactly! Also, technomonkey. Do you like techno? Or do you mean technology monkey? Cuz I LOVE techno.

Haha; it's short for "technological," sorry.
I usually have my laptop next to me when I sleep when I don't have my girlfriend next to me (because she's in Germany for a year Sad ); I have my phone charging on my other side for my alarm clock, and that's usually about it. I have a loft bed, and once my netbook fell out of bed, but it's an SSD netbook, so everything was fine. Smile
I've dropped my EeePC loads of times and never had a problem. Well except that the screen doesn't work and I need a new LCD cable. Details.
DShiznit wrote:
I've dropped my EeePC loads of times and never had a problem. Well except that the screen doesn't work and I need a new LCD cable. Details.
Fixed-disk drive or SSD? I've dropped mine from shorter heights than my bed, and it's been fine. I think the primary SSD might have cracked the most recent time, though, because I had to reinstall my OS on the other SSD.
I sleep in a king sized bed alone (most of the time) so I keep a laptop and some other things like my rooted nook color and stuff with me.
Dalton wrote:
I sleep in a king sized bed alone (most of the time) so I keep a laptop and some other things like my rooted nook color and stuff with me.
It makes sense, and I probably would work more from bed when I wake up, except I need my coffee when I awaken. Smile
My alarm clock. I keep it close to my ears so I can wake up to it.

It's more of a hate thing than a love-love relationship though.
I hate alarm clocks. Absolutely hate them. Mine get replaced very often from being thrown against hard objects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours