This a poject that I have had in mind for some time and this is what I have come up with. These are actual screen shots from the game so far.

Seems cool. I'm a little worried about the speed, though.
souvik1997 wrote:
Seems cool. I'm a little worried about the speed, though.

It is very very fast. In fact I might need to slow it down.
Really? Does it have animations?
Wow, that fast? Nice work. This is in Basic, right?
I want to see some screenshots. Smile I made a similar game called StickFighter, which (of course) used stick figures for the players. Keep up the great work!
This is a very primitive version of the program that I hope to provide you with in the near future. I would love to post some action screens if I had the patience to figure it out. I have not had much luck with that. Nothing is tweaked with the movement, it does have hit detect, does not have life meter working. Animations have to be added. One thing that is for sure is the speed. I had to be really quick to catch the kick and punch. Took a few times of trying. My ability to code seems to need a little more work, but the game works, and I try to make games that have graphics and are fun to play. Unless I am going to make a scrolling game I probably wont be using text or output, and even then it would probably be a hybrid with good graphics. Dont care if it slows a little. I will keep everyone posted on this project.
basicman wrote:
This is a very primitive version of the program that I hope to provide you with in the near future. I would love to post some action screens if I had the patience to figure it out. I have not had much luck with that. Nothing is tweaked with the movement, it does have hit detect, does not have life meter working. Animations have to be added. One thing that is for sure is the speed. I had to be really quick to catch the kick and punch. Took a few times of trying. My ability to code seems to need a little more work, but the game works, and I try to make games that have graphics and are fun to play. Unless I am going to make a scrolling game I probably wont be using text or output, and even then it would probably be a hybrid with good graphics. Dont care if it slows a little. I will keep everyone posted on this project.

This looks cool. Anymore progress?
Nice. How do you plan to do the fatalities and blood particle effects?
All in B/W if this is BASIC?
Looks rather awesome, far better than the 82 version I saw a very, very long time ago, utilizing Output and ascii characters.

And if you would like an animated screenshot, you could send me the files and I can through them into Wabbitemu and get you an animated screenshot.
Very nice job stepping up there, tifreak8x. I'm slightly confused what you mean when you say that it is very fast (and show different sprites etc in the first post) but that the animations are not yet done. Which animations do you mean?
I assume he means that not all of the animations are finished so the ones shown are the ones done. That or there's no sense of transition between sprites so there's no real "animation".
TsukasaZX wrote:
I assume he means that not all of the animations are finished so the ones shown are the ones done. That or there's no sense of transition between sprites so there's no real "animation".
Ah, either one of those would make sense. I am very curious for an animated screenshot or a sample .8xp for this project to see what the speed works out like. Smile
ooh, looks nice! Do you have things like special moves and such?
Other than the kicks, punches, and movement there are no graphics added yet. The program is not assembled yet. It does function as seen above but a lot of my programs start at 30-50K just because I do not really program them at first. I test the outcome of the pixel usage, then if it runs fast and looks good I make a program to run it. I would love to add special moves, and such as well as fatalities. The graphics move fast enough that it appears there is more movement than are occuring at the time. I plan to section pixels, so that each movement has less code, and I can replicate actual motions. If you really want to see screenshots of the trial version I can send you the code for a demonstration of the speed I expect you to see in the game. Code is not much to look at though. Right now everything uses lists, which is the fastest way to program graphics besides pixels because you do not have to look for coordinates to store either of these which makes it easy to transfer into the program. I have many templates that I can alter to use the lists. I have very few for pixels which I want to start using more of because it does not flash and the code runs just as fast when you section the graphics. I can also make simultaneous motions with pixels which is cool. I may need a little help with checking code occasionally, but I make good graphics and the programs work otherwise. I was about to give up on the time consumption it takes to make graphics until I started making programs to make them for me. This way I can finish all the graphics in one day. Then all I have to do is transfer the data into programs using the coordinate list for actual screen pts or pixel transfer. It works really well for games like Space Invaders for instance with actual ships, or a battle game like atari's combat. I simply refuse to make another program without testing and using these features. Laughing
Wait, your program is larger than 30 KB? That doesn't seem right...
souvik1997 wrote:
Wait, your program is larger than 30 KB? That doesn't seem right...

No I stopped in the middle of the graphics on this one. It is at 14k. I will upload a demo as soon as I can put one together and you can see what you think. I am skipping this process for the most part because I can estimate how large it can be with good speed now. But I still use it when I can't wait to see how the graphics work. This project was on hold for two years so I should have said most of my previous games started that large including lists.
Oooh, we can definitely help you cut it down a lot from 14K based on what you've mentioned that you've implemented thus far.
KermMartian wrote:
Oooh, we can definitely help you cut it down a lot from 14K based on what you've mentioned that you've implemented thus far.

I really need to learn to communicate better. I have programs that include button functions. I draw pictures, run the program, the program stores the pictures to lists, then lets you control the lists. I have many if these programs each with different functions. This way I can test them to see if the lists will move fast enough to make good graphics. I made a Space Invader game last night. I plan to make three of them each utilizing moving list individually, moving lists simultaneously, and moving pixels to compare speed. The first of these I finished last night.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours