As a spin-off of the "Electronic Dance Music" thread...

What are some characteristically strange songs? - Songs that tend to fall into their own genre, or just don't sound like anything else you've heard.

Baroque pop - Pop music rendered with classical instruments:

Not sure which genre this would fall under, other than electronic:

The interesting thing about the song is that the lyrics are simultaneously in English and Japanese. It's English words transliterated into Japanese kana, then pronounced using a heavy accent.

Incognito:

Enigma is the definition of characteristically unusual.

O Superman:

Laurie Anderson probably falls somewhere under avant-garde. A lot of the instrumentation is improvisational stuff from custom instruments she has designed.

EDM with a message about environmentalism:

Every song generally had some sort of environmentalism theme. Too bad the group only produced two albums.

Halcyon + on + on:

The song sampled lyrics from the above group, Opus III. In fact, Orbital was vastly similar in some ways.

One of those strange, B-side pop songs to which I never understood the meaning of the lyrics:

Electronic verve:
Wow, I really liked Enigma, thanks for sharing that. Very Happy
This is my all-time favorite example of a super-weird and super-nerdy song.

I LOVE HARD N PHIRM!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours