rage against TI! Support my long comment right here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/TICalculators?sk=wall&filter=1

Maybe they'll learn once the thing reaches 100 rant comments.
This is stupid.
Err, I mean, yeah. I agree. I had to move it because I was afraid it might make people's brains hurt Sad
Also why is Ashbad's avatar a 10yr old girl??? Yes I know who it is but still.
I think it is just because Ashbad thinks it will make him look nerdier.

[edit]Removed for me not thinking earlier x.x[/edit]
Let's stop suggesting the suggested.

I think we should have kept it public. I mean, what's 100 comments going to do? I took a look at TI's wall, the movement failed. It was just Ashbad and Qazz who took part. Then a guy named Zeda, who shares SirCmpwn as a mutual friend with me (and likely Ashbad?) posted a positive comment the same day.

The effort was a joke, and a one that's at least laughable. Laughing
Regarding my comment: I'd love to remove it; I re-read it and it didn't really seem right :/ Sorry, was having an off-night.

Also, Zeda (Xeda) is the person working on BatLib, and she (that's right, right?) is one of the people who program using hexadecimal numbers instead of mnemonics.

I still don't think it should have stayed up. I would rather TI see us as an adult group of people who are upset about them, as opposed to some "10 year old girls" trying to badmouth them on Facebook. Eh, w/e. I don't mind if you move it back

(Sorry if I am still having an off-day :/)
Zeda's actually a girl, comic. Smile This topic in its Omnimaga form was (I believe) part of the reason that DJ went ballistic yet again, so I think it was a good decision to hide it. Also, his avatar is in violation of Cemetech rules, even though I warned him twice to fix it or have it deleted for being > 80x80.
*bump* This topic has been unsuspended.
Although I understand Ashbad concern, I agree that this will change nothing. This isn't to mention the ranting on TI page was overdone, so they would take it even less seriously.

They even deleted (or hidden?) one of Raylin's comment thread it seems, unless Opera browser is playing tricks on me.

Even if Cemetech teamed up to rant on TI webpage nothing would change.
Ranting doesn't help anything, I think. One needs to use intelligent, calm, reasoned arguments to fight an organization such as TI, especially when they already (and Ashbad confirmed the validity of their view) see the community as a bunch of immature kids.
Can someone take a screenshot of it? I don't have FB.
Yeah, just go on and mention the things about the nspires that TI "forgot" to tell teachers. That ought to open's people's eyes `-`
I think the post has been deleted. It wasn't there when I last looked.
Yes, it seems like all of the negative posts have been deleted.
It's stuff like this that will really help Casio see us as thoughtful, intelligent, and valuable contributors whose opinion should always be taken under serious consideration Rolling Eyes
Qwerty.55 wrote:
It's stuff like this that will really help Casio see us as thoughtful, intelligent, and valuable contributors whose opinion should always be taken under serious consideration Rolling Eyes
Exactly. Ashbad and Qazz and others who spam knee-jerk anger are not going to help anyone on any side of the fight; we need intelligent, courteous, and powerful arguments.
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Exactly. Ashbad and Qazz and others who spam knee-jerk anger are not going to help anyone on any side of the fight; we need intelligent, courteous, and powerful arguments.

Well, I was not really too angry in my posts, but I highly doubt that we will get any arguments in the first place as TI is ignoring us.... it takes 2 to tango. (Assuming you have no voices in your head)
Well, I think it would (1) help to be polite and rational, and (2) contact the proper people, not some poor PR drudge responsible for maintaining the Facebook page.
Not that being polite and rational would really change TI's mind anyway...

On TI-France Facebook page, Critor posted a polite message denouncing OS 2.1 anti-downgrade protection and larger size and suggested that people who want to revert back to a smaller OS don't upgrade yet, then TI got his Facebook account taken down. People who ranted on the English TI webpage should feel lucky. X.x

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours