Woah, really? I didn't know TI could do that. Surprised
You mean they removed his comments from their page, correct?
My original comment was going to be me getting angry at all the immature actions being taken, but then I decided that instead of arguing more, I would post something positive ♥
Xeda112358 wrote:
My original comment was going to be me getting angry at all the immature actions being taken, but then I decided that instead of arguing more, I would post something positive ♥
Thank you for doing so, Zeda. Smile Hopefully the people in question already learned that their approach was the wrong one.
KermMartian wrote:
Ranting doesn't help anything, I think. One needs to use intelligent, calm, reasoned arguments to fight an organization such as TI, especially when they already (and Ashbad confirmed the validity of their view) see the community as a bunch of immature kids.

TI really doesn't care. Besides, no one in these communities is clearly capable of using intelligent, calm, reasoned arguments to fight each other, much less a company.

Way to go, Ashbad.
I strongly disagree that no one in these communities is capable of those kinds of arguments, but I would agree that many are not and need to be restrained from overreacting.
KermMartian wrote:
I strongly disagree that no one in these communities is capable of those kinds of arguments, but I would agree that many are not and need to be restrained from overreacting.

I challenge you to give me a single solid example of a user who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to demonstrate his distinction for debate, preferably for the forces of good.
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I challenge you to give me a single solid example of a user who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to demonstrate his distinction for debate, preferably for the forces of good.
I know this "challenge" is more towards Kerm, but he himself is a good example.
comicIDIOT wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Owned.
Thanks for that, comicIDIOT, although I find it likely he won't accept that as valid. The statement sounded more rhetorical to me than anything, and I don't know if he actually wanted an example.
Instead of raging at TI, we should petition talk shows to have Kerm/Chris on. I'm gonna look for a way to email the Daily Show, but in the mean time, I'll cross post his article on TI vs. Casio on their forums and see what happens.
DShiznit wrote:
Instead of raging at TI, we should petition talk shows to have Kerm/Chris on. I'm gonna look for a way to email the Daily Show, but in the mean time, I'll cross post his article on TI vs. Casio on their forums and see what happens.
Thanks, DShiznit; I'd be very happy to hear what happens there, although I don't have super-high hopes. Smile
JoeYoung wrote:
TI really doesn't care. Besides, no one in these communities is clearly capable of using intelligent, calm, reasoned arguments to fight each other, much less a company.

Which is of course why the work and policies of my non-profit were used by both sides in the last gubernatorial election in their discussion of Vermont's energy future (and why my personal tagline from several years of educating VT lawmakers was adapted for use in the campaign pamphlets of the current governor).
http://forums.thedailyshow.com/?page=ThreadView&thread_id=38738&pg=1
DShiznit wrote:
http://forums.thedailyshow.com/?page=ThreadView&thread_id=38738&pg=1
I will be quite surprised if this catches on. This isn't really the type of thing the American public cares about.
0rac343 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Owned.

Really? Reading through, Kerm completely and ultimately failed in his endeavor. No offense bud. Here's a quote or two:

Quote:
I don't think anyone can speak for what ti does or does not want. That's part of the problem, facts are mixed with opinions and lots of assumptions.

Quote:
I like the Nspire because it's an effective tool in my math classes.
for anything beyond trivial intro to programming concepts, there are
better, non-handheld tools on the market.

Kerm might be debating as a driving force for Cemetech, but seeing his stance as a hobbyist and his clear bias against TI, as well as his complete disregard for the Nspire as a tool for education rather than general development, he fails to impress or convince anyone.

Just how are relationships with Omnimaga forums going today, hmm?
Just because he failed to impress or convince you doesn't mean he failed to impress or convince anyone. I think many people in the community were impressed by it.
merthsoft wrote:
Just because he failed to impress or convince you doesn't mean he failed to impress or convince anyone. I think many people in the community were impressed by it.

He didn't impress the people who responded, at the very least, and was called out on his slant. In fact, the only support I see are users from Cemetech.
JoeYoung wrote:
Just how are relationships with Omnimaga forums going today, hmm?
Obvious troll is obvious. Cut it out.

Edit: Also, quite a few teachers from that mailing list privately contacted me to voice their support and offer their encouragement.
JoeYoung wrote:
Kerm might be debating as a driving force for Cemetech, but seeing his stance as a hobbyist and his clear bias against TI, as well as his complete disregard for the Nspire as a tool for education rather than general development, he fails to impress or convince anyone.

I'm not convinced you understand how debating works. Kerm, and the rest of us, made it pretty clear that we understand the purpose of TI calculators as educational tools, and our statements in that regard were pretty blatantly ignored by the other members of the mailing list.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours