Does anyone have a list of all the data areas in statVars reserved by MirageOS when a program is running? According to the mirdevinfo package, it's only used when Mirage's custom interrupts are enabled, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Quitting an active program can cause some weird glitches when I mess with statVars.

thepenguin77 mentioned that $8A4A (statVars + $10) is a flag that determines whether the active program RETs to the homescreen or the shell. There seems to be at least one other area in statVars that affects the GUI when it returns to Mirage, though, so can anyone from the Mirage team (or whoever happens to know) list them? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
<BrandonW> You can't use anything in statVars.
<BrandonW> The entire area of memory is reserved by MirageOS.
<BrandonW> It could change from version to version.
<BrandonW> And yes, I know MirageOS hasn't been updated in years.
<BrandonW> But it may very well happen.
<BrandonW> By me.
Oh, thanks. Guess I'll have to find someplace else then.
Deep Thought, why would you be writing for MirageOS instead of for Doors CS? What does it offer in terms of bugginess and lack of features that DCS does not? Wink
Just for compatibility. This is for an Axe program, which doesn't use any shell routines, so I might as well make it as compatible as possible.

The only reason I don't use Doors myself (at least on my real calc) is because I'd probably have to GC once every few days if I used it. I even went back to Ion for a bit to save another 16K of archive Neutral Way to lacking in features, so I came back to Mirage.

And just for the fun of it, you should make "Mirage" and "MOS" disallowed words on SAX XD
So why not make it a nostub TI-OS program? It doesn't make much sense to make it a MOS program if it uses no shell routines. And heh, that would be entertaining on SAX.
People at my school still use Mirage (but they're starting to switch Wink) and don't know how to use Asm(.

And the Ion "XOR A" header is compatible across the board, so that's why I use it.
Switch them to DCS and let them use HomeRun! Very Happy So what you actually want to know is how compatible Ion games are with MirageOS.
Nah, just needed to know if I could use L[size=7pt]2[/size] (statVars) because I got confused by this (in mirgen&libs.txt in mirdevinfo.zip):

Quote:

Code:
3) By default, there will be an interrupt running during your program.  This interrupt is located
   in the statVars location.  If you wish to use statVars for variable storage, you must disable
   interrupts or set IM 1 before doing so.
If you're running an Ion program from MirageOS, I believe that that may not be true, because I would hope MOS would try to keep full Ion compatibility. I wouldn't count on it, though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours