Has anyone done this before? I have not, for the life of me, been able to run my game on anyone else's computers. It either complains about missing DLLs (Which I ended up putting with the .exe), or it just flat-out crashes.

Also, slightly related, but I decided to uninstall XNA so that I could get the newest version (I saw it on a post somewhere), but it seems that I can't find the newest XNA, and I can not install XNA 3.1. My game has worked since the beginning on my computer, but now I can't find it, and Windows doesn't believe that XNA is installed on my computer.

I am running Windows 7, 32 bit, and am using Visual Studio 2010 C#. iirc, Merth was able to take my program and run it on his computer one time, but he had VS C# installed, and had to install XNA 4.0 to get it to work. People shouldn't need VS C# to run my game, right?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Okay... It seems to work now after I moved my source over to another program... That was obnoxious. Now to figure out why it won't run on my friend's computer.
Make a visual studio setup project, which will link to the necessary redistributable so that it will run on your friends computers.

Alternatively, bundle your exe with this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a88c6dec-aeae-42cd-a108-d35c013c3b97

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours