Were you April Fooled?
Not a chance
 85%  [ 17 ]
I was skeptical
 10%  [ 2 ]
Totally fooled.
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Happy April Fools, everyone! I hope you enjoyed the temporary intrusion of the fake Cemetech Retro theme, and I hope I fooled at least some of you. Due to popular demand, I'm adding the CemetechRetro style as an alternative to Cemetech6, though! I hope you all enjoy it. Smile Be sure to vote in the poll attached.

How to get Cemetech Retro:

1) Go to Edit Profile
2) Change theme from Cemetech6 to CemetechRetro
3) Save!

I'll be changing over the header and fixing the remaining table images at some point, and then possibly messing with some alternate themes.
I wasn't fooled Wink I love the new theme Razz The old one seems so bright now o.o
I was totally fooled. Smile
I wasn't fooled at all, though I like the mobile version and want to keep it.
(from first post)

1) Go to Edit Profile
3) Save!

I'll be changing over the header and fixing the remaining table images at some point, and then possibly messing with some alternate themes.
I was sure the retro theme would remain retro. I'm disappointed now.

I'm leaving Cemetech for 46 minutes. Goodbye everyone.
Bye until tomorrow, DJ; I notice that you voted opposite what you said. Wink You can manually choose it if you're that disappointed.
Finally I decided to return 7 minutes earlier. Razz

And nah I wasn't fooled, although that theme was kinda cool in some ways. I think you should make a red version using the Cemetech logo you used on Geo-shit-ties. Very Happy
Ahh, if only people still did web design like that Smile
SirCmpwn wrote:
The mobile version in green or in the original colours?
comicIDIOT wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:
The mobile version in green or in the original colours?

The one in green Smile

Edit: Just to point out some things that need to be fixed:
Header is broken, it still shows the original one.
The preview thing you get when you do Reply still shows exactly the same as the Cemetech6.
HR tags are showing the old versions.
The buttons saying if a subforum has been read or not show the original ones.
The Post Reply and Post Topic buttons are still the original ones.
The corners on the top of the Forums page are still red.
The buttons to go to the new post show up kind of badly, black on black.
The first post in a thread is messed up, for instance: the Author part has a white background.
The Edit, Quote, Delete, and IP buttons are still the original ones.
The bubbles by people's names are still red.
The calculator trail is gone!
The pictures that go with poll results are still red. As is the text that goes with each option.

That is all I can find right now. Even with those, I still love this theme Razz If you need any help, I wouldn't mind helping Smile
Yeah, those are all known visual bugs. Pointed out already last night or so. Perhaps even in the "Goes Retro" topic.
_player, yup, I pretty much knew about those. Smile I would be happy to accept your help with it if you have the time; otherwise I'll try to get to those at some point myself. Most of them simply require me to move hardcoded items into the stylesheet from the .tpls, for a total of three files to edit per fix: style.css for CemetechRetro, stylesheet.css for Cemetech6, and blah.tpl for the HTML template of whatever page it is.
KermMartian wrote:
Happy April Fools, everyone! I hope you enjoyed the temporary intrusion of the fake Cemetech Retro theme, and I hope I fooled at least some of you. Due to popular demand, I'm adding the CemetechRetro style as an alternative to Cemetech6, though! I hope you all enjoy it. Smile Be sure to vote in the poll attached.

1) Go to Edit Profile
3) Save!

You got me until I realized that making retro the default is something you would never do yourself as I am sure you would like cemetech to retain a more formal theme Razz
Bingo, you've got it exactly right. I am proud that we are a formal (but fun), mature, highbrow website and community.
For a while, I thought that it was an April fool's that you thought looked so cool that you wanted to keep it...
April Fool's jokes are far less enjoyable when the first thing you say is that it's not an April Fool's joke.
KermMartian wrote:
Bingo, you've got it exactly right. I am proud that we are a formal (but fun), mature, highbrow website and community.

same here, I sometimes wish certian classes I take in school could be more like cemetech Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours