Ok, so I'm on the debugging team for Correlation. I have to abuse word wrap and get it so it works right, so here is the project I've taken on to do so. Well, I love the old style and charm of Interactive Fiction games. If you don't know what these are, check out: http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/FAQ , which should get you in the right direction. Now that that's cleared up, what is #Omnimaga - The RPG?

It intends to be a unlinear(ish) exploration rpg in the land of #Omnimaga's / #cemetechs / Ashbadia ? / wherever I decides Memes! Cherry dragons, and evil clones and all. There really is no goal set as to what the "object" of the rpg is. There will really be no leveling up there will be hidden areas and puzzles and such though to get through to get to all the areas. Other than that that's all i have so far.

Oh and for the record this hopefully will be an example of a good text based RPG. Questions, Support, Ideas?? Fire away please ^_^

The current Poc Map is here

That is getting revised and currently only has my view of #Omnimaga. I will be adding some more stuff and a way to get else where (Read The Screen ). I have no ideas what to do for Cemetech as I don't Spend alot of time here so can you guys help fill me in Wink

Ps feel free to fix my grammar @ tanner Wink @KermM
I love IF games! I should be in it. I can be a grue. Shaungrue.
I strongly suggest that you remove the "loli" element. As I'm given to understand, that's some kind of pedophilia reference, which I find in horribly poor taste and very offensive. Other than that, it sounds like fun, and I'll try to think of some memetic Cemetech things that you can include. Smile
Lol thats one of the things i plan on adding the gist of only as in
"This is a dark corner i here odd sounds coming out of It I wonder why geno comes over here all the time....ON second thought maybe i don't"
And thats really all that you would get about said area except some more information about other dragon clones and Tsukasa giving them cookies!
I still think it's very bad taste (and the larger thing is that I have a problem with it being a meme at Omnimaga, but that's neither here nor there), but you're the programmer, so it's up to you. I'm interested in how you're going to implement the nonlinear interactive fiction aspect of it programming-wise.
well they way i look at it its really a bunch of short linear actions/scenes that are *mostly* independent of each other

This way you can tackle things in any order you choose but you must get some things to complete others and such

this way it *feels* non linear but the progression is forcefully linear... until I add new story lines, in which it just becomes another set of abstract linear tasks with there impacts defining the new set over and over until its a game over ^_^

And agreed it is a bad meme but for the 2 (almost 3) years I've been at omni they have always been a joke when genolo is around (yes geno I'm blaming you)

as the game progresses I may ditch it to add a new area/puzzle we shall see like i said its POC map
Based on your description it sounds like that kind of linearity / non-linearity will work quite well. In common video-game parlance, I believe one term for that type of structure is a "hub-based mission" game, where you need to complete a certain number of missions or tasks, but can choose to do them in at least partially arbitrary order.
Yeah thats sounds about right didn't know there was a term for it tyvm ^_^

Now to actually fix up the map I have drawn

/me goes to find his notebook

Also please start posting things you would like to see see incorporated from cemetech! Like i stated in the first post I'm more or less clueless on what to do about cemetech ill be able to design stuff better if I know what you guys like about this place ^_^ (I would rather it not end up as "How Geekboy Sees the Internet - The RPG Razz)
Haha, you'd certainly be welcome to do so, considering it's your own game, but I think it would be cool to see us portrayed as we see ourselves. I'll wait until other people weigh in, though, since my own view is tainted by what I'd like Cemetech to be ideally.
Thats honestly fine as well like you said its my game so every thing will be processed by my filters any way Wink

And thats the goal I hate having things being made to 1 persons view. I mean were supposed to be a community aren't we? Wink

Edit: wow missed you merth, also yay another if adventure lover guess i can put in a shaungrue ill work that in somehow xD
Exactly, that's the theory! It doesn't always work out too well, but somehow this ragtag band continues to push forward (dare I? Lead the Way) to the Future. I highlighted a bunch of Cemetechians on IRC; let's see if they come through with some stuff.

Edit:
Quote:
[18:41:11] <+Tanner> If I think of any jokes we keep here, I will
[18:41:24] <@shaun> we don't really, we use them for a bit and then let them die
[18:41:25] <+KermM> He wants to be a shaungrue
[18:41:27] <@shaun> liek DAMMIT MERTH
[18:41:37] <+KermM> shaun, jokes, true, but we must have some constants
[18:41:50] <@shaun> kllrnohj is a douche
[18:41:54] <@shaun> orac sucks at debate
[18:42:06] <+KermM> I guess our values? maturity, free speech within reason, exploring lots of languages?
[18:42:07] <@shaun> dshiznet only post politcal threads
[18:42:13] <+KermM> a mix between hardware and software?
[18:42:22] <+KermM> Freebuild's eternal dev cycle? Wink
[18:42:27] <geekboy> lol
[18:42:27] <@shaun> i like being mean to people
[18:42:30] <+KermM> None of that lends itself too well to games, though
[18:42:36] <+KermM> Well yeah, shaun, that's obvious
[18:42:40] <@shaun> (which is why I should be a shaungrue)
[18:42:58] <+Tanner> We could all be knights!
[18:43:09] <+KermM> Oh yeah!
[18:43:10] <geekboy> ill work it in somehow @ shaungrue
Omnimaga sucks. Always and forever.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Oooh, nikky should totally be in the game! You could even make him insult the player and the game constantly.
That sounds like a good addition i'll find a use for that as well xD
Hmm maybe Nikky will great you every time you move to the Cemetech area of the map Wink
allynfolksjr wrote:

Can he be that cliched final fantasy boss of a fat guy with a helmet, mace, green skin, and lichen and moss brief? If I were on comp I could sketch it out real quick with his curly hair. Wink
geekboy1011 wrote:
Hmm maybe Nikky will great you every time you move to the Cemetech area of the map Wink
*greet. I think you mean the ticalc.org area, though. Nikky would hate to be called a Cemetechian, as he scorns Cemetech just as much as he despises everything else.
KermMartian wrote:
geekboy1011 wrote:
*greet. I think you mean the ticalc.org area, though. Nikky would hate to be called a Cemetechian, as he scorns Cemetech just as much as he despises everything else.

Maybe his own corner? And don't forget a mace hook, he deserves furniture
0x5 forgot about including a ti-calc area guess ill make that the help area or something or just a maze of quadratic solvers ¯\(°_o)/¯ yet xD

So far the area list is:
#Omniamga
#Cemetech
Ashbadia
ti-calc
The Cherry Realm

I think thats enough unless some better ideas come up (KermCave any one?)

That makes a total of 4 areas and a maze of hell xD (what have to make the cherry realm "fun" >:F )
What about teh corner for our favorite trolls? (BOB!, verdant, golden acorn 84, nikky, etc.) ?
Hmm i'll put them in the Cherry realm might as well explain what i want to make that any way now xD

So a while ago iambian was thinking of making a dungeon in E:SOR a hyper cube maze

I'm thinking of putting this I'm my game with the cherry realm being it. This entails a maze of small proportions that when explored folds upon it self in ways that you can spend hours on the same path with out noticing it. Granted to do this i would have to come up with some decent reason to be that cruel but yeah ^_^

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours