Little more than seven years after Cemetech's forum first transitioned from a single-page message board into a fledgling InvisionFree forum, then a year later into a full-fledged forum, we have reached a grand total of over 150,000 posts. Starting from the common interest of graphing calculator programming, and spanning computer programming, web programming, hardware modding, hacking, and design, video gaming and other entertainment, game design, and even politics and literature, our 1,800 members have composed a whopping 6.13 million words, enough to fill 13.3 copies of War and Peace. Our members have contributed to 5,600 topics, which together have garnered 10.56 million topic views. Over the years, Cemetech's popularity has been helped by features on Slashdot, Engadget, Gizmodo, Hackaday, and of course ticalc.org for diverse programming, academic, and hardware projects. The site even has its own Wikipedia article written by people unconnected to the site and later filled in by some of our members, having fulfilled the notability criterion for Wikipedia entries through its dozens of citations in tech blogs and high-visibility news sites. Cemetech's projects continue to grow and flourish into new coding spaces, including the Casio Prizm and distributed computing.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to help us reach this momentous occasion, and here's to many more decades of Cemetech productivity, camaraderie, education, and fun!

More Info:
Cemetech Site Statistics
Cemetech Forum Posts Graph
Glad to be a part of something big Smile
ParkerR wrote:
Glad to be a part of something big Smile
Thanks ParkerR, great to have you with us! We need to teach you some more programming now; I believe you expressed an interest?
Yeah school has gotten in the way a little
hey lemme join
calcman wrote:
hey lemme join
You already have! We welcome everyone to the discussion, old and new. I'm looking forward to teaching you more about BASIC and ASM, especially using the DCS libraries, and hopefully to pushing your grammar a little bit further towards intelligibility. Wink

ParkerR, I totally understand; that's the same reason for you not having a new gCnClient in your hand yet.
Woo, glad I was part of this Smile
_player1537 wrote:
Woo, glad I was part of this Smile
It's great to have you as well; thanks for all your dedication with keeping order in the #cemetech IRC channel, editing and moderating posts where appropriate, and being a worthy UT and AoE opponent!
Whooo!!!! SO many Posts?!?!?! Thats awsome! Smile
Sorunome wrote:
Whooo!!!! SO many Posts?!?!?! Thats awsome! Smile
Yup, it makes me very very happy! I hope Cemetech continues to be such a vibrant, friendly, and successful community for many years to come, and continues to Lead the Way to the Future!
I feel left out, I haven't contributed enough ;P
comicIDIOT wrote:
I feel left out, I haven't contributed enough ;P
That's not true at all, you've made the amazing Cemetech6mobile skin that everyone is always complementing! And which needs its own news article soon, I think? Do you agree?
KermMartian wrote:
Starting from the common interest of graphing calculator programming, and spanning computer programming, web programming, hardware modding, hacking, and design, video gaming and other entertainment, game design, and even politics and literature

Also, LEGO.

I'm coming up on a personal 7700 posts.
Yes, you most certainly are! And LEGO, although I didn't specifically state it. Smile I for one blew past 42K and 43K and am doing my best to intimidate 44K.
woot, gg Kerm and everyone else, it feels very good to have been a part of cemetech, I hope we all can keep up the good work. Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
woot, gg Kerm and everyone else, it feels very good to have been a part of cemetech, I hope we all can keep up the good work. Very Happy
Thanks Qazz, glad to hear it, and I hope so too. Do you think you'll be getting back into some programming soon to make an awesome successor to TI-Mail or something, or is that unlikely with your time constraints?
Sadly, I think that until summer I can only just learn more C# and perhaps work a bit more on pse-rpg :/

When summer DOES come however, I shall be pumping out programs left and right Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Sadly, I think that until summer I can only just learn more C# and perhaps work a bit more on pse-rpg :/

When summer DOES come however, I shall be pumping out programs left and right Very Happy
Superb, I look forward to that, then. I'm hoping we can have another contest this summer; how would everyone feel about that?
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Superb, I look forward to that, then. I'm hoping we can have another contest this summer; how would everyone feel about that?

oohh, nothing like a contest to motivate a programmer Very Happy I would think that is prettty awesome.

will there will be another USB power injector as a prize this time around?
Also how Kerm wrote nearly 30% of all the posts. That's enough to fill at least 3 copies of War and Peace.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours