Had a thought, for both.

It would be nice if the permissions options were moved to the editor page.

The reason being, it would be nice if one could set the permission to viewable/not editable and viewable/editable for simpler terms, and it show up on SAX that 'NAME has created new project in SC [LINK]' or 'NAME has edited SC project [LINK]'

Don't know if others think this is a good idea or not, but I like it :p
I think that that's a good idea! I agree that there needs to be a simpler way to share SourceCoder links than the current edit, save, permissions, post link, click link, re-save, but I haven't figured out a good way to do that bit yet. What does everyone think about the SAX notifications?
How about..

A url box to paste the link of the topic that you want it to update, separated by commas for each link you would like it to update to? This way when you update the code, it would auto-post to the various sites for you?
tifreak8x wrote:
How about..

A url box to paste the link of the topic that you want it to update, separated by commas for each link you would like it to update to? This way when you update the code, it would auto-post to the various sites for you?
Indeed, my only concern with that has historically been the danger of SourceCoder being purposely or inadvertently used to spam.
Not really sure what else to offer in ideas on that. I guess when someone goes to update their code, have a check box that is always set to cleared when you open it, and have to manually check the box when saving the project to make it update to the posts?
Howabout a option menu with all the approved sites that SC can update, and from there you can ctrl+click applicable sites you wish to publish that particular change (or project) to.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Howabout a option menu with all the approved sites that SC can update, and from there you can ctrl+click applicable sites you wish to publish that particular change (or project) to.
Well, it already has a specific set of sites on which it's allowed to post (namely here, TIFreakware, Omnimaga, Revsoft, Maxcoders, and UTI), but my concern is a post every time the user hits Save. I like Daniel's solution; that would probably do the trick. I'll just need to figure out where in the editor to put all these options so that they're not intrusive.
Have you created the new user profile for SC on TIFW? We did move, afterall.
tifreak8x wrote:
I did not; I'm working on that now. It looks like you have some odd mod-rewrite rules that are messing things up; I'm working to try to fix it now.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
I did not; I'm working on that now. It looks like you have some odd mod-rewrite rules that are messing things up; I'm working to try to fix it now.

lol

What part of tifw hasn't given you odd troubles to fight around? :p
tifreak8x wrote:
What part of tifw hasn't given you odd troubles to fight around? :p
Sad but true. Sad I got it as far as the posting back, so login and everything works fine now, but your forum is claiming that "topic does not exist," so I can only assume I'm missing some security field or other.
Also, could the SourceCoder bot be made to edit the last post if the source code has been edited before anyone has posted? That way there isn't a long set of posts with code and no one speaking. I also agree that there should be a "Publish to SAX" and "Publish to topic" thing with SC, though Smile
No, that would be very hard to do. Would either Daniel or Tanner mind reminding me about the Editor-view modifications in a few days? I'm too sick of messing with SourceCoder after today. Smile I definitely want to add those, but I want to spend some of my coding time getting DCS and gCn things done.
Sure thing! Glad to see it posts on TIFW forums now, sorry it was such a PITA. :<
tifreak8x wrote:
Sure thing! Glad to see it posts on TIFW forums now, sorry it was such a PITA. :<
Not to worry, it was entirely self-inflicted. Smile It's not like you were even awake to ask me to work on it, and I learned some valuable lessons about encoding and pain. Wink
How long is 'a few days' for you? :p Thought I would make sure before I become pesky with it and all that.
tifreak8x wrote:
How long is 'a few days' for you? :p Thought I would make sure before I become pesky with it and all that.
This has been quite a few days; thanks for bumping this and reminding me! Smile I'm afraid I'm spending all my free time (what very little I have) in Prizm development, so I don't quite have time for this yet.
No biggie, just will bump every so often :p

Also, I have another idea for SC.

I would like it to somehow count every instance that requires an End command and decreases for every End it comes across and shows it next to the code. One of the reasons I write my code out on paper is to do just that, so it would be handy if SC could do it automatically for me.
It already does the automatic counting and warning in the View section (which seems broken; I need to fix that). I like the idea of counting during editing, although I worry that that might be high-overhead.
KermMartian wrote:
It already does the automatic counting and warning in the View section (which seems broken; I need to fix that). I like the idea of counting during editing, although I worry that that might be high-overhead.

Not while editing, in the viewer for the code itself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours