I am SO PO'd right now! Our band played the best concert EVER, but we got disqualified. La Cueva High School was beat by us be 3 points. We had first place, right? Well La Cueva in their manipulative demon ways called on our accompanist as unfair because she was an adult!! They had a professional piano player, we had a harpist. Big whoop. So the judges freaking disqualified us from the contest on the basis of having an adult player, which LA CUEVA HAD ONE TOO! So yeah, we win the state band contest by 3 points, and the dummies at La Cueva cry foul and call us cheats. I REALLY hate northern New Mexico, esp. after the science fair, the chemical olympiad, and now this! Their full of cheaters, and their a load of rich kids. I really wish their karma would screw THEM over one of these times instead of me! Mad Anyway, we still won first in my book and God knows who won anyway, but it really pissed my girlfriend off. She almost cried about it, I swear. She worked her butt off getting the concert that good, I should know because we practice together. Ugh.
Sounds like you should burn that mother f--ker down...
is there anyway to appeal their judgment ?

i mean if you got DQed because you had a adult, they should be DQed for having a professional player.

I would be pissed off as well.
This probably isn't something you want to hear, but if it were my band that that happened to, we would probably all leave trying to be the better band (After trying to get everything fixed). Hopefully they will change their minds, but at least you know that you all won. And, sorry to hear that this happened to you, New Mexico doesn't sound like a fun place for competitions from this, and the Science Fair post :/
You can't appeal because the council of band masters makes up the rules by getting directors together and voting whether or not they should disqualify a team. It isn't even IN the written rules, there is a whole other level to the rules that is between band directors. Anyway, we've won like 9 years in a row (except last year when La Cueva won because of a different set of circumstances...). And player1537, it really isn't very fun anymore, esp. over the last few years. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours