What happen? Shock
I saw too. in dutch there is "This site may be hacked"
There doesn't appear to be a clear response to this issue from our end. Kerm, have you received any emails from Google and/or are you a user of Google Webmaster Tools?
maybe it was one of the bots that seen all of the programing code that set it off ?

but anyway that is crazy. Kerm needs to go and set the record straight.
I know of a possible reason it would think that (which has since been resolved), but I'll leave it to Kerm to explain that to whatever extent he wishes. Looks to me like their data is a bit out of date, though.
And who changed the topic title Shock
edit on my part: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=163634

[edit 2]
The Safe Browsing Diagnostic doesn't think anything is wrong with us: http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.cemetech.net
Deep Thought wrote:

yeah, i entered and it was called Wait, what? and now its Google has us Tarred and Feathered, i was like wait, what ? myself
@aeTIos:

I tried google.de and in that version of Google it says nothing.
madmax2069 wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

yeah, i entered and it was called Wait, what? and now its Google has us Tarred and Feathered, i was like wait, what ? myself

I changed the title to something descriptive.
Tari wrote:
I know of a possible reason it would think that (which has since been resolved), but I'll leave it to Kerm to explain that to whatever extent he wishes.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

That support link elfprince posted agrees with my guess.
Who cares?
weird... oh well, I am sure it will get sorted out Smile
The problem is that there was an FTP break-in in January that went undetected until April, when the attacker uploaded what's known as a blackhat SEO (Search Engine Optimization) package. I detected it in the middle of the month, removed it, changed my FTP password, and notified my webhost of the malicious activity. I'm monitoring for further problems. I've taken the necessary steps to make Google re-check the site.
Bummer. Any indications that other areas of the site were compromised (specifically, my subdomain)?
elfprince13 wrote:
Bummer. Any indications that other areas of the site were compromised (specifically, my subdomain)?
Nope, although just to be sure, I'm doing some diffing and scanning of a backup of the website against a known-clean copy that I have.
Which FTP server software are you using ?
Oh Kerm BTW, even if you don't have SSH access enabled sftp still works with surpass so I would suggest using that from now on, though it was acting rather slower than just normal ftp for me the other day.
TheStorm wrote:
Oh Kerm BTW, even if you don't have SSH access enabled sftp still works with surpass so I would suggest using that from now on, though it was acting rather slower than just normal ftp for me the other day.
Um, wow, I had no idea that that was possible. And it's actually going three or four times faster than FTP for me. Very Happy
I figured out why it was going slow for me, I still had sshfs connected on my server and the sftp daemon is not a fan of multiple connections. I disconnected my server and it sped right up.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours