Hello Cemetechianoes,

I was working on a secret project and I start working on the same 'unsecreted' project now.

Its called Final Fantasy : Quest for Rana.

Story and prologue:

-- Story --

You are Ryan, one of the Hikarii knights that defend the treasures of Rana. Those treasures give the power to the magical sceptre of the king of Eukaria, King Travan. Of course, there are people who want to rule over the kingdom and want the treasures of Rana...

-- Prologue --

It was a dark night in the kingdom of Eukaria. It was cloudy and you couldn't see the moon. In Rana, the Hikarii knights were guarding the entrance of the shrine where the treasures were kept.

Suddenly...

"AAAAAARC!" one of the guards cried, and he fell dead. The other guard looked around and saw his friend dead on the ground, with an arrow in his head. At that time, he realized that he was looking to the wrong side, and turned to the other side... and faced one of the knights of Lord Copar...

half an hour later...
"ouch... I'm not going to survive this... I'm writing something here in the sand..."

The other day...

Ryan ran to the hill where the shrine with the treasures of Rana was. The guards were not returned, so there was something wrong. He came on the top of the hill and found his mates lying dead. Then he looked in the shrine...

and saw a message in the sand:
"Wer kiled bj lord cpar kight. th stol th treasus o Ra/"  (Yes, that is intended to have much spelling mistakes lol)

Okay, that was it. Any comments/suggestions?

Gameplay:
Action RPG, like FF Adventure.
Language:
ASM (Changed from Axe 05h)
Length:
~10 hrs (I try $05)
Sounds cool, aeTIos! What language will this be in? Will it have grayscale?
It will be in Axe. No grayscale, because of the many features I'm going to add.

I'm going to add some details about the gameplay and more in the first post.
Sounds cool Very Happy is it going to be in chapters like TFV, or will all of the data be included from the get go?
I dont know yet, I dont even have an engine working, I need some help with the fighting and more.
So most likely this is gonna be in assembly in chapters.
aeTIos wrote:
So most likely this is gonna be in assembly in chapters.
Can you be more specific or give us some more details? I'm not entirely sure I follow what you mean there.
I mean, this will be in z80 assembly and will be released in chapters.
The first chapter will be in axe, since I cant wait. I'll upload a demo of the tilemapper asap, for your viewing pleasure Smile
Edit: When I thought 'bout it, it will be completely asm, only the demos are axe.
Some eyecandy for you!

Edit: Err, I forgot to add a description. This is Travan's castle viewed from outside.
Ooooh, very pretty. I quite like it. Great work with the rounded parts.
Yeah, the rounded parts were the hardest. I use Calc Graphic Studio for those maps, then screenshot it (exporting a bmp ruins the pic x.x)
Lookin good, aeTIos!!
Thanks!
I'm going to add a tree asap, as well as path tiles.
Epic final map is epic!
sorry for the double-post Razz
Is no one interested in this? Sad
I can't say much; I can't see your pictures :/
aeTIos wrote:
Is no one interested in this? Sad

Just because no one replies to your thread doesn't mean no one's interested in your project. Smile
I understand. Player, try to copy-paste the image URL to your browser.
Edit: Also, gfx update!

Added dithering and updated the water tile.
Nice graphics! Looks great Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours