I'm running 11.10 beta on my Office desktop, and when I hover over the top buttons while logged out, nothing happens. As in, there isn't even the image change that is supposed to happen (but neither is there scrolling upwards). I don't see any Javascript console errors, either. I'll upgrade to 11.10 and see what happens.
*One-year bump* I hate Opera. I rewrote the header yesterday to be pure CSS, which eliminated the scrolling when you hover on the header, but SAX still makes any page scroll to the top in Opera. Check out this narrowing I finally did to try to figure out why SAX still makes the page scroll in Opera:

[13:55:19] <@KermM> I've finally narrowed it down to the header, that is, logo, motto, nav icons, search
[13:55:35] <@KermM> if I remove all of those, it doesn't scroll
[13:56:05] <@KermM> If I remove JUST the navicons and search, it scrolls
[13:56:31] <@KermM> If I remove JUST the logo/motto, it scrolls

Bah.

Edit: Bold added for emphasis.
Yeah now the navigation no longer goes to page top when hovering on it. I have no clue why this happens, because it seems Opera 10.60 and above started behaving weirdly with some CSS or AJAX. I know for instance on Omnimaga, CODE tags stretched to about 3 times the page width instead of showing horizontal scroll bars in Opera 10.60 or above, because at that point Opera got rid of nowrap CSS compatibility or something. I also know Netham45 had complained a lot about AJAX issues.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours