o hai, first post! Graphing Calculator
Acutally, am I putting this in the right place? This forum's still a bit confusing to me...
Okay, so if you were here earlier today, you may have seen in the SAX widget that users 'imapc' and 'Koba' were "connecting" to the gCn (those are some of my nicknames). This was acutally me attempting to use the Direct USB Hub client with DCS7.2b1, not without running into some issues, of course.
The fact that it kept marking me as reconnecting was that the client seemed to keep shutting down. I think it may have been inactivity or an overload, but I'm not sure. I do know that it kept sending some sort of very slow, repeating pattern of the same byte set. I attempted to speak in the Chat! system, but I was unable to establish a full link, apparently. This was, in fact, the first time I've attempted to reach the gCn.

Uh, let's see... Here are some factors that might help diagnose this:

Calculator used: TI-84+, Rev. L, OS 2.55MP
PC used: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (<usually an issue for me<)
Ah, 2.55MP, the worst of a bad series of OSes. Sad The fault is likely with the DUSB client, as it is quite buggy. I have an unreleased version that I've been working on off and on in between my time commitments as a PhD student and a teacher, but I'm afraid I haven't quite solved the last issue that's preventing me from releasing it to you guys. I hope you'll continue nagging me with the others in this topic to fix the bug and get a new beta out to the people. Smile Do you happen to remember what the repeating byte set was? Anyway, I hope you'll try again; try to start running Chat from the homescreen via HomeRun immediately after the DUSB client on the computer detects the calculator, and all should be well, even with the buggy client. You installed the filter driver, right?
Well, x64 Windows has been an issue for me; I am still trying to figure out how this thing started transferring again. New computers don't seem to like old .NET. Go figure.

I'll see if I can get a new copy of a byte pattern.
Never mind, I found out I had the command paramaters/arguments out of line. We're up now.
imapc wrote:
Never mind, I found out I had the command paramaters/arguments out of line. We're up now.
For future reference, Cemetech forum etiquette dictates that you edit your post within 12 to 24 hours of its original posting time, or else you're doing what's called double-posting, and is frowned upon. After that timeframe, posting again is known as "bumping", and is an acceptable way of putting a post back at the top of the New Posts lists in case people missed it and you still need a response.

I'm glad to hear that you got it all working! Was the problem just the incorrect metahub name?
I think so. I mostly just removed the brackets I had around the hub names. It still locks up occasionally (if you noticed last night), so I'll peek into that in the future. In the mean time, I've downgraded to DCS7.1.1 to run CALCnet networks with my friends. I didn't give them the beta because I felt like it might not be safe for them; not that this is built poorly or anything, rather they have work or something on theirs that they couldn't lose. Besides, we know that the current stable works correctly; 'twould be a hassle to upgrade all my friends to a beta that (hopefully) will be finalized soon. I'll look to re-upgrading in the future, before 7.2.

So, I edit the original post to redact the bug/idea/x presented?

<insert edit here> Or is it that I edit the last post I made in the last day or so to append this to it?
Sounds good regarding the up/downgrading, although 7.1.1 and 7.2 Beta 1 should be compatible, as far as I know. Have you tried playing Obliterate with your friends? Smile And yes, you did the edit correctly.
Will this client problem also affect my situation?: Ti-83 Plus, OS 1.19, x64 Windows 7, Arduino Atmega328, DCS 7.1. I just want to know what I'll need to deal with when I get the bridge built.
Compynerd255 wrote:
Will this client problem also affect my situation?: Ti-83 Plus, OS 1.19, x64 Windows 7, Arduino Atmega328, DCS 7.1. I just want to know what I'll need to deal with when I get the bridge built.
No, it's only relevant to people using the Direct USB link with a TI-84+ or TI-84+ SE calculator. The TI-83+ doesn't even have a USB port, as you know, so it's not relevant to you. Smile
I really should look at your USB code. You just use the OS routines, though, right? Is that what you mean by the dusb client?
graphmastur wrote:
I really should look at your USB code. You just use the OS routines, though, right? Is that what you mean by the dusb client?
No, the client is the piece of software that runs on the computer and chats with the connected calculator. The main remaining glitch is something between how the C++ program deals with the calculator being connected but idle and how the calculator deals with it, and I just haven't had the free time to track it down. :/
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds good regarding the up/downgrading, although 7.1.1 and 7.2 Beta 1 should be compatible, as far as I know. Have you tried playing Obliterate with your friends?

I didn't try Obliterate with 7.2b1 before downgrading, but I noticed that Chat! occasionally locked on the Beta side. I believe it was harmless in nature, but, obviously, was an annoyance, and we wouldn't release a stable with something like that. I'll look into replicating the Chat! situation, as well as experimenting with Obliterate.
Quote:
Obliterate and DCS 7.1.1 are more or less completely stable. Yes, the USB code in Doors CS occasionally locks up in the beta (hence beta), but it's not Chat's fault.

I wouldn't say that, either (the Chat! part). I actually was referring to a serial Cn2.2 connection in terms of Chat!, though it did happen in the gCn. The serial freeze was the main reason I'm currently at 7.1.1, rather than 7.2b1. I'm using CALCnet stuff with my friends most often, but I actually never tried testing a Beta-Beta link. I'll see if I can try that as well.[/quote]
Obliterate and DCS 7.1.1 are more or less completely stable. Yes, the USB code in Doors CS occasionally locks up in the beta (hence beta), but it's not Chat's fault.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours