Hello,

I am having problems with the mimas file converter. If I draw a file over it, it parses, but there is no file created :| Does anyone experience the same thing?

Thanx for help in advance,

aeTIos
Try running the program in the command prompt.
Try running it from the command line rather than dragging the file onto it. It will likely be putting the output file in the current working directory, but where that currently is is anyone's guess.
I assume you checked the readme? When it doubt, try [program] -h or [program] --help or [program] -help. You could also take a shortcut for the save-to-file bit:

[program] >file.txt
How do you run a program from a command line and give it an 'argument' (program to parse)
Go to All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt to get the command prompt. Then, navigate to your program and run it by typing the name of the program, followed by any arguments it might require.
Two options:

1) Start->run->"cmd" (without the quotes). Use cd folder and cd .. to navigate up and down to the folder you want that contains the program, then run [program] [argument1] [argument2] [argument3]...

2) Create a batch file in the same folder as the program containing [program] [argument1] [argument2] [argument3]..., save it as blah.bat, and run it.
Okay, I tried and it parsed, but how do I save the output?
***PROBLEM SOLVED***

Thanks for helping everyone!
aeTIos wrote:
Okay, I tried and it parsed, but how do I save the output?
You use the >file.txt argument that I mentioned in my very first post in my thread (and a few days ago on IRC as well, I think. Rolling Eyes).
I made 2 neat batch files for helping peephole er, people, that have problems with it too, download here
Make sure to type the name exactly the same, or the prog will not work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours