How should email addresses look?
ti_coder@gcnemail.com
 33%  [ 1 ]
ti_coder
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

I have found out that gCn does not yet feature an email client, and I'd love to be the one to work on that. One problem; I have _NO_ idea where to start
I would say that the domain at the end would make it look a bit large for a calculator screen, and would be more work for you to find the person's address.

good luck with this -- this will probably require some form of a Server-Based intermediate storage area, so that messages will be sent to a person and held on to until that person actually logs into the client. That will require computer programming skills, though the actual code for the on-server storage wouldn't be insanely hard Wink Good luck, feel free to ask any questions here Very Happy
I have plenty of PHP, HTML, Javascript, and mysql experience. I have a social network of my own. The only thing would be porting this onto a calculator. I will need specific help
Well, there's two components that need to be designed here:

1) An on-calculator ASM program to connect to CALCnet (specifically a server via gCn) and fetch messages, display messages, allow composition of messages, and push messages to the server. Some rudimentary security would be nice.

2) A daemon running on a server somewhere to bridge between globalCALCnet and something like SMTP, in other words fetch and hold messages to push to calculators, and forward messages from gCn to other SMTP servers.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours