currently, I've given up on my RPG game(it's on hold Razz), so I started a different project. it will be a game based on this
except for
-square tiles
-less features Razz
-probably some other stuff Very Happy
Sadly, I do not have any screenshots yet, but they will come Cool
PROGRESS:
-sprites
-tile selection
I look forward to screen shots! And Welcome (again? So, Re-Welcome)! Smile
here's a screenie Very Happy
I'm going to take a stab and guess that this is Axe, right? Is the fact that it shows each tile as it is displayed a feature or something you didn't know how to fix? Usually, people prefer to have it just flash on unless it is supposed to be like that and look "wavy" when displaying. But if it is a bug, that would be really easy to fix. Either way, the graphics look very good so far Smile
the selected tile is supposed to be inverted Wink
yes, it is in axe Very Happy
To Do:
Nono, I mean, when you are drawing the tilemap, you can see it refresh after each and every tile it draws. Starting in the top left, going down to the bottom, starting at the top and one column to the right, and back down, etc. Is it supposed to be like that?
Ah... now I can see what you're talking about Razz
that problem is fixed Smile
turiqwalrus wrote:
here's a screenie Very Happy
[screenshot]
Ooooh, very nice! Thanks for sharing that. What's next in terms of progress and plans?
while I normally try not to advertise other games in one game's thread, I would say look at the source for my old game, Rule and Conquer which was in the works for axe almost 8 months ago. I bet some of the source in there could prove helpful to you -- I know at one point I dumped all the source I had there, IDK if it's still there. Your game is somewhat like it, so it could prove very useful to you ;D and, take whatever you want from there -- the source is second rate (though highly functional) and the tiles and sprites now are quite amateur in my opinion.

Good luck on yours! I hope it gets further than mine did Very Happy
thanks a lot, ashbad Very Happy
I'll be taking a look at this

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours