Hey everybody,

I'm having a problem while trying to run my program.
It gives an invalid error.
The full code is here: http://pastebin.com/qqiKCWUR
The part that I've been working on after the last succesful compile is lines 1580 to 1608. I hope anyone could explain to me what invalid errors are, why and when they accur, and how to avoid them.
I'd really appreciate it, cause I need the program for school.
You get ERR:INVALID while trying to run the program? Are you running it from Doors CS?
Yes, I get it while I start up the program.
No, I do not use Doors CS... yet.
arriopolis wrote:
Yes, I get it while I start up the program.
No, I do not use Doors CS... yet.
Is your program more than 8KB? The TI-OS tends to be arbitrary and stupid about running Assembly programs, which is why I'd recommend using Doors CS (and its HomeRun feature, if you'd like) and see if that removes the Invalid error. It's a very very vague error, and in this case likely has to do with the _fpdiv, if I had to take a guess.
No, my program is 8225 bytes. I thought the limit is 8811 bytes...
I can't seem to find the error, but I suggest using WabbitEmu's debugger to step through your program to find which line of code throws the error.
souvik1997 wrote:
I can't seem to find the error, but I suggest using WabbitEmu's debugger to step through your program to find which line of code throws the error.
^Exactly this. Set an execution breakpoint at the equivalent address to line 1580, wait for it to trip, then use F7 to single-step through your program (F8 over the calls and bcalls to not step-wise execute into them).
That's the whole point.
I cannot debug the program, simply because it doesn't start up. I suspect something to go wrong while copying the whole program to $9D95.
Try clearing the RAM, and run your program again.
arriopolis wrote:
That's the whole point.
I cannot debug the program, simply because it doesn't start up. I suspect something to go wrong while copying the whole program to $9D95.
Then it's most likely the size or the header, hence my suggestion to try Doors CS. Smile
Aha!
It's the size. I deleted another part of code, which solved the error.
I'll install Doors CS and see if that solves the error.
Btw, that must be a typo in Asmin28Days then...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours