http://www.geekosystem.com/star-trek-maquis-navy-seals/

Quote:
He and N24 also appear undeterred by the emblem’s inclusion of a phaser, 3 Klingon bat’leth swords and the word ‘Maquis.’”

Epic win for trek fans, and same with google images
hahahahaha. pretty funny. Of course some U.S. military patches/emblems actually are that crazy.
That's a great fact-checking job on the news channel's part. Sad And BrandonW, you are one of very few people who could get away with posting a topic with only a URL as the first post without me editing your post or removing the topic.
Note to self: Don't make a post with just a URL

The real logo does look like the google image, but...... oh dear, this image will be with me for a while.
KermMartian wrote:
That's a great fact-checking job on the news channel's part. Sad And BrandonW, you are one of very few people who could get away with posting a topic with only a URL as the first post without me editing your post or removing the topic.

I didn't realize that was verboten. Why is it?
It's basically a non-educated post. We prefer posts to have content rather than a "look at this link." You can summarize and link to the article, but linking to the article with a some-what vague topic title is frowned upon.

Even a short sentence isn't ideal. Instead of the link becoming the post, we prefer to have the post reference the link, or at least add something (some merit, read more here, etc) to the post.

Unrelatedly, that was quite a good laugh. Even the person walking up is all "Is that really it?!!"
comicIDIOT wrote:
It's basically a non-educated post. We prefer posts to have content rather than a "look at this link." You can summarize and link to the article, but linking to the article with a some-what vague topic title is frowned upon.

Even a short sentence isn't ideal. Instead of the link becoming the post, we prefer to have the post reference the link, or at least add something (some merit, read more here, etc) to the post.

Unrelatedly, that was quite a good laugh. Even the person walking up is all "Is that really it?!!"

Also, it's a semi-new thing.
elfprince13 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Semi-new because there was a large influx of them and a post containing a link and the word "Discuss" doesn't really excite discussion.
Quote:
TheStorm wrote:
Semi-new because there was a large influx of them and a post containing a link and the word "Discuss" doesn't really excite discussion.
Exactly, it's only semi-new because no one started doing it until a certain Alex10819 who shall remain nameless posted five or six such topics that I promptly removed. Smile But BrandonW, that little icon under your name means we're forever indebted to you for your expertise, and especially me for all the OS-related help you've given me with DCS, gCn, and my other TI-related projects, so you'd have to work hard to do wrong.
Haha, just saw this topic, can't believe I missed it D:

Totally awesome.
I love the comic. Razz

And yeah, I think that website was getting a little desperate for some antichristian examples Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours