I will come back to that post and reread it a couple times so it might make sense, thanks.
I would recommend practicing computer C++ coding before attempting it on the Prizm. It's just easier to master the necessary skills on a computer. And even if you have no interest in asm coding for the Prizm I would recommend learning that anyways as it will help your C++ knowledge.
I agree. C on the computer can be a lot easier than on the prizm -- on the computer, you work with explicit lower level things far less often. It wasn't until I started with Prizm's C that I even used pointers for non-strings. z80man's advice is rather good. Wink

Learning ASM, however, I would not suggest learning until you master C/C++. I'm personally not gonna start on that for a while.
Well I wouldn't say you have to master all of the C++ concepts to start learning asm. High level stuff like operator overloading, class inheritance, and templates won't help that much in asm. I would though master functions, structs, unions, and memory management. Also you must have good knowledge of hex and binary to learn asm. Luckily I'll be making a full tutorial on getting started with Super H asm on the Prizm this summer.
Thanks for that advice, but I really can't program C++ on the computer I do not have my own computer, so I ask this question, How do I program C++ on the Prizm?
calcman wrote:
Thanks for that advice, but I really can't program C++ on the computer I do not have my own computer, so I ask this question, How do I program C++ on the Prizm?
You can't. You need to do it on a computer.
z80man wrote:
I would recommend practicing computer C++ coding before attempting it on the Prizm.

Then why does he say you can?
calcman wrote:
z80man wrote:
I would recommend practicing computer C++ coding before attempting it on the Prizm.

Then why does he say you can?
He is saying that you should practice writing code on a computer that runs on computers before attempting to write code on a computer that runs on the Prizm.
Okay, where or how do I start?
calcman wrote:
Okay, where or how do I start?
Assuming thta you're running Windows, you can use the older but simpler Dev-C++, or the newer but more complex Visual Studio Express 2010, both of which are free.
Do those compile to .g3a files for the prizm?
I have the Dev-C++ up with source code in it, how do I compile it so I can run it?
calcman wrote:
Do those compile to .g3a files for the prizm?
I have the Dev-C++ up with source code in it, how do I compile it so I can run it?
No, they do not build Prizm programs; they build C/C++ source code into Windows executables. Since you have a C++ thread going with more questions and more recent questions, presumably I don't need to answer, and we can let this thread go dormant until you start your Prizm coding?
I made a program using prizm basic it is a blackjack game, I am not sure if I should upload to the archives since it is just a basic game, otherwise it is pretty fun.
calcman wrote:
I made a program using prizm basic it is a blackjack game, I am not sure if I should upload to the archives since it is just a basic game, otherwise it is pretty fun.
You should absolutely upload it; BASIC games are just as welcome in the archives as C games! And be sure to try to use the emulator thing to take screenshots. Smile
Okay, well I wasn't expecting that much excitement. Smile Is that prizm emulator easier to set up than wabbitemu?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours