I created a C# library for commnicating with an 84+ or 84+SE through direct USB, the source of which is at:

http://brandonw.net/svn/calcstuff/Fron/trunk/

Here are some screenshots from the test application that shows off its features:

It requires that LibUsbDotNet be installed first, and of course the .NET Framework 2.0.

It supports multiple calculators at once, getting and setting of all parameters including screenshots, model information, battery status, free Flash ROM and RAM, the clock, etc.

It also receives variables' data and can delete variables.

Things it notably can't do or doesn't have:

Receive Flash applications
    Send OSes
    Receive any variable to 8X* file
    Send variables
    Display funky names (such as L1-L6)
    Error handling/Timeouts

Theoretically it could work with a TI-89 Titanium with little modification.

It's far from complete, but there's not much motivation to work on it anymore so I'm just throwing it out there in case it's useful to somebody -- maybe one day you'll have a need to slightly tweak some aspect of the direct USB protocol, or write a .NET command line tool to communicate with your calculator, or something.

EDIT: I got bored, so I added remote control requests to it -- it supports programs, Flash applications, and sending remote keypresses. I don't think any other program out there does this, so now it's slightly unique.
L1-L6 should display fine if you use UTF-8, at least they do in mine.
BrandonW, super-spiffy! You were mentioning on HCWP the various oddities you were running into, so although obviously this is infinitely better than TI-Connect, does it have some of the same foibles, which would mean that the hardware and OS would be somewhat responsible?
KermMartian wrote:
BrandonW, super-spiffy! You were mentioning on HCWP the various oddities you were running into, so although obviously this is infinitely better than TI-Connect, does it have some of the same foibles, which would mean that the hardware and OS would be somewhat responsible?

Sure, there's plenty of incompetence from TI all around, from TI Connect to the TI-OS' USB implementation.
Very cool BrandonW. I'd love to integrate some of this into tiDE. What is the license?
oohh, nice. I shall try this out at some point. Probably after my finals though... I have too much on the plate as of now Sad
SirCmpwn wrote:
Very cool BrandonW. I'd love to integrate some of this into tiDE. What is the license?

There's no license, you can do whatever you want with it.
BrandonW wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:

Generally referred to as the WTFPL, for what it's worth. And that's very generous of you.
KermMartian wrote:
BrandonW wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:

Generally referred to as the WTFPL, for what it's worth. And that's very generous of you.

Clarification: http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/ *explicit text*

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours