Omnimaga wrote:
As the NASA reported earlier, KermMartian reached 10000 posts on Cemetech forums, shocking the whole english calculator community!

When Omnimaga staff noticed Kerm post count on the forums, they couldn't believe their eyes. Jonathan C., one of our news editor, immediately commented, "This is a new day in the TI community. Back when post counts over 10000 were reached only in the french 68k community, no one though this would ever happen on english speaking forums.". Immediately afterward yAronet 68k forum administrator feared an upcoming death of the french 68k world with everyone migrating to z80 programming on Cemetech forums. The rest of the Omnimaga team said, "This could be a revolution, the TI community isn't the same anymore."

PHPBB staff immediately went to KermMartian website and noticed the post count and commented, "Could this lead into a total database corruption when he reaches 65536 posts? We need to update PHPBB to 2.019, NOW!"

To celebrate this event, DoorCS shell will be released into two versions. First version will have all the planned features. The alternate version will be only avaliable to Cemetech forum members with 10000 posts or above. We don't have much information about this version yet but it will feature a totally redone TI-BASIC interpreter that will allow some BASIC programs to run almost as fast as ASM!

http://omnimaga.dyndns.org/index.php?showtopic=1119
I got to see it earlier this morning... Very Happy
lol nice, I love when I get fake newsed. Smile
yeah, now if only I had some more publicity
So far once for me. Smile
A common lament, I feel the same way. Smile
My name seems to show up a lot on the Internet without me knowing. I get newsed quite a bit. Also, that BASIC interpreter would be pretty sweet (but also logically impossible).
KermMartian wrote:
Omnimaga wrote:
To celebrate this event, DoorCS shell will be released into two versions. First version will have all the planned features. The alternate version will be only avaliable to Cemetech forum members with 10000 posts or above. We don't have much information about this version yet but it will feature a totally redone TI-BASIC interpreter that will allow some BASIC programs to run almost as fast as ASM!

Looks like I've got some posting to do Smile

Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Also, that BASIC interpreter would be pretty sweet (but also logically impossible).

Well the only person that will recieve that version will be Kerm. And by the time it finally comes out TICI might even be done, allowing Kerm to run BASIC programs faster than anyone (not due to DoorsCS of course but...) Just Joking
I'm trying to decide if that was an insult or not... Very Happy

Edit:
Oh, well you're almost there then!

Wait a sec.... say I made an average of 10-15 words per post. Over 10,000 posts, that means Shock 100,000-150,000 words per post. OMG. That's like one or two novels worth of words. ZOMG!!

60,000-100,000 stat:
http://www.write101.com/dgnovel.htm
And yet it was all wasted on worthless nerd chatter instead. Just Joking Laughing

Also, it is logically impossible for an ASM interpreter to interpret BASIC programs as fast as ASM. The interpreter must take time to interpret. If the interpreter runs as fast as ASM does (which it must if it's ASM, duh)., then the BASIC program's speed is going to be ASM + interpretation. Even if interpretation is only 1 clock cycle, then BASIC will still be slower than ASM. Of course, that isn't saying you can't get pretty darn close... Cool
Well obviously BASIC will always be slower. Not only does it have to interpret, but each command has to exectute a rom call to preform the function, and it is well known that you can make much faster and efficient calls yourself in asm. I was just trying to come up with a scenario where running BASIC on one calc was faster than asm on the other, which is why I mentioned TICI. Sorry Kerm didn't mean anything derrogatory. I thought the Just Joking made it clear! Curse you "Just Joking" Laughing
Laughing I know, I was just messing with you. Smile
Quote:
We don't have much information about this version yet but it will feature a totally redone TI-BASIC interpreter that will allow some BASIC programs to run almost as fast as ASM!
Fake news is so inspiring. Fast BASIC! Surprised
Yeah, that would be uber...
And there, friends, is why Kerm has over 10,000 posts - his ability to comment on any post, whether addressed to him or not. Razz
true, he gets in on everything (that, and he has access to the database)
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
And there, friends, is why Kerm has over 10,000 posts - his ability to comment on any post, whether addressed to him or not. Razz

Rivereye wrote:
true, he gets in on everything (that, and he has access to the database)

And there, friends is why Jpez and Rivereye have over 1000 posts-their ability to comment on any post, whether addressed to them or not. Razz Laughing
used to do that a ton, now I only try and be relevant. Talk to TI-Freak8x with over 3000. Time in= posts also you know.
True. I joined relatively recently compared to most other frequently posting members.
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
And yet it was all wasted on worthless nerd chatter instead. Just Joking Laughing

Also, it is logically impossible for an ASM interpreter to interpret BASIC programs as fast as ASM. The interpreter must take time to interpret. If the interpreter runs as fast as ASM does (which it must if it's ASM, duh)., then the BASIC program's speed is going to be ASM + interpretation. Even if interpretation is only 1 clock cycle, then BASIC will still be slower than ASM. Of course, that isn't saying you can't get pretty darn close... Cool

i could write a BASIC interperater that runs on the computer, and would therefore be faster (by alot) than Z80 ASM Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours